○11

December 31st, New Year's Eve

"In your eyes
I see a million stars
When you glance at me
I shine in them
Am I your muse or are you mine?
The day passes by like the wind
Sober thoughts after midnight
I want to seize the time"

The ballad ended with a soft instrumental. Thousands of claps and cheers from the crowd greeted Lee Donghyuck, the current musical sensation whose single "After Midnight" went to skyrocketing level of success.

Even though he is very young and well-established, he is down to earth. He smiled at the hollering crowd and waved at them. He was touched by the presence of so many fans that he didn't know how to thank them. He bowed in every direction of the sold-out stadium to show his gratitude.

However, in the back of his mind, there was another thought and his eyes seemed to realize that, as they skimmed over everyone and every corner of visibility in search of a certain blue-haired boy.

Even while singing, he was searching through the entire stadium just in case he was in proximity. But Donghyuck was saddened when he couldn't find him, his muse, and the very reason for writing After Midnight.

🌃

Mark knew that he will be scolded for abandoning the dressing room but he couldn't help it. He ran to the backstage when Donghyuck began to sing.

How could he miss it when his whole world was out there charming everyone with his passion?

"Mark Lee! You are here, finally. I was searching for you everywhere. Mr. Donghyuck's next event is in three hours but we have to be ready in an hour since it's a little far." Jungwoo, Donghyuck's new manager said out of breath, wiping his face off sweat.

Fortunately it was Jungwoo who found Mark. The boy was fairly new so he didn't know much about anything except his job.

"That means Hyuck wouldn't have time to rest?" Mark was concerned. That night they had a party at some resort but he didn't know that they would have to leave so soon.