Edith

"How was the first day?" Luca says waiting for me by the locker. Specifically locker 666, he said it would be funny and made it our meet up spot after school before going home together.

"You must be the infamous Luca." Liz comes up behind me. Putting an arm over my shoulders. "She talks about you non-stop."

"Yeah," Luca answers confused. "Who are you?"

"Liz, A.K.A Edith's future new best friend." She says proudly and I can see that Luca isn't buying any of it.

"Yeah, right." Luca says and turns his attention towards me. "You ready to go?" I nod and attempt to follow him but Liz's grip tightens.

"What are you, her boyfriend?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No. We're-"

"We're best friends." I interrupt. "We also live-"

"Live near each other. So I'm her ride." He interrupts this time. I look over at him unsure of why he would lie. But I don't question it. Most of the time he's right.

"Okay... well, you have my number so text me. See you tomorrow." She smiles and finally lets go of my arm and walks away.

"She's something." He says as we walk to the car.

"Yeah, I figured that I would try and do as you do. Make friends this year. Lucinda had also noted it would help me fit in more, and seem less suspicious." He doesn't say anything and starts the car.

Luca, up to now, has been my only friend. It was too risky going out unsupervised. Especially at a younger age before I was able to control my ability.

Not that I can control it much now.