Luca

"I know you better than I know myself, come on." I wrap and arm around her shoulder and lead her towards the playground. She would never admit it, or maybe she didn't know it at the time. But when we were kids, she would always be curious about the playground, playing like an actual kid. We'd go often to the park across our house, mostly because I was the one who wanted to. But now she's opening up to her own emotions, sure she holds back a lot still, but progress comes in babysteps.

"I don't even know what I would do. We're too old for this." Edith says.

"No one's around, so who cares." I say and and star getting on the playground equipment, I make my way up to the top of the slide and make a face at her. She smiles, ever so slightly, but it's still there. The second smile she's given me in all 5 years of knowing eachother, going on 6.

"You're very child-like." She says and I laugh.

"Thanks." I yell back and go down the slide. "Your turn." She starts making her way up the slide and looks over at me once she's at the top.

"How is this supposed to be fun?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"Let loose, live a little, little kids find this amusing." I say at the bottom of the slide. She takes a seat and slides all the way down. Down the entire slide. With a straight face. And I can't help it, I laugh. I laugh loud.

"What?" She asks, confused.

"You, Edith, are a mystery." I say and walk towards the swings. I take and seat on one and she does the same. We don't swing, we just sit there. Enjoying the fall breeze, the sunset, nothing needs to be said. Nothing is ever needed to be said when it's just us.

We may be complete opposites. An overly emotional teenager and one who barely shows any facial expressions. But even so, we are great friends. We learn from eachother. And I'm happy for that.