Luca

She brings over the popcorn and sets the bowl on my lap and adjusts herself next to me leaning her head on my chest and lifting my arm over her shoulders. We're watching yet another romance movie. Not even a romantic comedy, but rather one of those serious, sappy, dramatic romance movies. They're Emely's favorite. So I don't complain.

"You're going to love this one." She smiles excited as she presses start to the movie. No I won't. But I just smile in response. I just like being here with her. I like coming over for hours on end. I like talking to her.

I like her.

So I put up with the movies, and the crying afterwards, and the strict father. I do it all for her. And in return I'm lucky enough to call her mine.

"What?" She asks. I notice I have been staring a little too long. I laugh a little embarrassed and shake my head.

"Nothing." She smiles and looks down the hall. Once she checks that no one is around, she turns back to me and kisses me.

She kisses me deep. She kisses long. And all of a sudden this kiss is my favorite thing in the world.

She pulls away and bites her lip holding back a smile.

"What was that for?" I ask, not bothering to hold back my own smile.

"Nothing." She says like a child. A child hiding a secret.

I kiss her back.