Edith

"Ugh, does it have to be horror movies?" Emely complains. She does that a lot. Everyone has found their spot on either the couches or the inflatable mattress Luca and I had set up earlier.

"It's Halloween, what do you expect?" Liz rolls her eyes. She sees me arrive and pats the empty spot on the mattress next to her for me to sit.

"You'll be fine Emely," Luca says then his eyes find their way to me. He smiles. "Emely, Edith. Edith, Emely." He gestured between me and her. "Anyways, movies are set up. Snacks anyone? Drinks?" He looks around and everyone lets him know what they want. He goes into the kitchen and I take a seat on the mattress next to Liz.

The movie marathon begins once Luca returns with snacks and drinks. The entire night is full of people screaming, laughing, and talking in between movies. I sit there and enjoy the company. However, I avoid Luca and Emely. I try not to look in their direction or make conversation.

It's weird but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it. I can't make myself watch them be together. They're dating, so they probably do all the things me and Luca have seen in movies. Couples being in love. Kissing. Hugging. Touching.

I just can't look at them.