~34~

January 3rd, 2022

"I'm telling you, it's everywhere," Gunnar speaks taking a bite out of his bacon, leaning up on the table. "It's crazy. I mean seriously. Everything they're finding at that place."

"Yeah, it's pretty crazy," Y/n responds setting down a plate of food in front of Alycia, who stares at the table. Y/n looks at the girl, gently placing her hand on the girl's back. Alycia tenses immediately drawing Y/n's hand away, taking a few steps back.

"And that sex room. Like what the hell were they using that for?" Gunnar spoke devouring the rest of his piece of bacon. Y/n slowly guides her eyes to Alycia seeing the girl had lifted her fork but just picked around at the food, not eating at all. "Whatever thing Marcus had going on was dirty. Dirtier than I think our operations."

"Yeah, no I agree," Y/n responds tearing their eyes from Alycia, their mind running wild as to how the Australian was acting. But they tore their eyes away and turned on their heels heading to the fridge, opening it up.

"I think I'm going to try and find what I can, see where Conrad's hiding. You want me to run to the store?" Gunnar asks, as Y/n nods slowly reaching into the fridge and grabbing a water and an apple juice. They pull back, closing the fridge door as she heads over to the kitchen table.

"I have a list. Groceries and some other minor things," Y/n spoke as Gunnar nods, standing up and grabbing his plate, heading over to the sink. Y/n gently keeps her eyes on Alycia as they set down the water and apple juice letting Alycia decide for herself, knowing the girl would choose the water, but still Y/n wanted the decision to be left up to Alycia.

"Alright. Let me go get changed and I'll go. Where's the list?"

"Here-" Y/n pauses reaching over to the spot beside Alycia. A long list of items sat there as they grab it, handing it off to Gunnar. Gunnar takes it swiftly but gently nodding. "Gunnar."

"Yeah?" Gunnar spoke stopping before walking off.

"Be careful. Conrad's still at large and the cops could be heavy especially around this case."

"Y/n we're far from that area-"

"I know, but just in case. Be careful," Y/n said cutting the man off. Gunnar nods and lifts his finger off of the paper, pointing to Alycia, giving Y/n an odd look. Y/n nods, acknowledging the look as he nods turning away. A low sigh escapes Y/n's lips as she watches Gunnar head upstairs. Once he does, Y/n slowly sits down in the chair looking at Alycia. The girl keeps her green eyes on the food in front of her, still untouched except her hand guides the fork round and round in circles around the plate, messing with the food.

Y/n's eyes watch for a second before they lean forward and place their hand over Alycia's, squeezing her hand gently. The Australian jumps slightly and slowly lifts her head, locking eyes with Y/n's.

"You haven't eaten since Christmas...You should eat," Y/n gently says, her voice low. Alycia shakes her head from side to side, gently dropping the fork on the plate. Her gaze dropping from Y/n's. "Kitten-"

"I don't have an appetite Y/n," Alycia says, cutting the person off. Y/n's eyes slightly widen at the comment, nodding slowly.

"I know but Alycia you have to eat to survive-" Y/n pauses for a second, clenching their jaw before letting go of Alycia's hand and reaching down, grabbing underneath Alycia's chair before pulling the girl towards them. Alycia now face to face with Y/n who reaches their hand up, cupping the girl's cheek. Slowly, gingerly Y/n's thumb rubs back and forth on the girl's cheek as their eyes flick back and forth between the green-eyed girl's eyes.