9.

She smiled, kindly, the strange look seeming to vanish from her eyes. I could feel my face turning red.

"Can I just have a regular black coffee?" Her full smile, giving me small butterflies in the base of my stomach. I really needed to fight this feeling for Andy. Andy was my everything, and Shaun was right. I shouldn't throw what Andy and I have away for fun, especially not with my teacher.

I turned, grabbing a cup and fililng it with coffee. She handed the money to me, as I handed her the coffee, "Thank you, Ms. Ryan."

She nodded slightly, as she began to walk away, only stopping to put cream in her cup, and then she headed out the door.
I let out a breath, feeling my body instantly relax.

"That's her isn't it?" Shaun nudge my side, "That's your teacher?"

I sighed, "Like I said, I don't know what to do about it."

"Does she look at you like that all the time? Like she is just ripping your clothes off with her mind?"

I shook my head, in a hushed voice explaining, "The first day I met her, she was like that. Like it's some sort of front she puts on, but honestly, when we were alone, she was totally cool. Like someone I would totally be into." I shrugged, "but honestly, she's my teacher, and older, and not Andy."

Shaun shrugged, "Honestly, if I was in your shoes I would go for it." He put his hands up in defense, "I love Andy, don't get me wrong, but from my point of view, that woman," he let out a heavy sigh, and shook is head slightly cooing.

I rolled my eyes, "You're a pig, and I'm off." Throwing my apron at him, "Have a good rest of the day, Shaun."

I walked out from behind the counter, and straight out to my car. I had to go home and make my dad dinner. Knowing he had a long day at work.

Pulling into my driveway I hopped out and immediatly started cooking. I pulled out the frying pan, starting some rice pilaf, and chicken. I opened the fridge seeing a pack of beer. I shrugged, and popped one open. I don't see what it would hurt if I only had one.

I sipped the beer, while I stirred the rice. The front door opened, "Hey, that smells good."

"Hey, dad." I tossed a beer to him, "Rice Pilaf, and chicken."

"Who said you can drink?" He chuckled softly, walking up the stairs.

I knew he was only joking. He didn't mind that I had a beer with him every once in awhile as long as he knew I was safe.

I started loading our plates with food, and put the in front of the TV in the living room. I could hear his heavy feet coming down the stairs. I turned on the cooking channel, we both enjoyed it.

He had his pajamas on with his big black shirt. "How was work?"

He shrugged, "Same as always." I looked over at him, seeing the bags under his eyes. The wrinkles growing deeper by the day. His hair was starting to really turn gray. He must be under a lot of stress. I try to make it as easy as possible for him. With what I can help with.

"Dad," He raised his eyebrow at me as he shoved some chicken into his mouth, "Have you been sleeping?"

He shrugged again, "Probably not as well as I should be." Taking a sip of his beer, "Work is really stressful, they are letting a lot of people go, or having them move. They are keeping me because I can do the crane and weld, but without as much help, I'm doing it all. Which means a lot of over time, and knowing the layouts." He looked down at his hands, "It's a lot of work for me, kid."

I patted his shoulder, "I'm sorry, dad." We both sighed at the same time, "We need a vacation from this hell town."

Smiling at me, "I like the sound of that. You can invite Andy."

I shook my head, "Nah, just you and me."

He nodded, "I would like that."

We finished our dinner, and cleaned everything up, heading straight to bed.

I picked up my phone seeing now messages, or calls. I sighed, and tried to call Andy anyways.

It rang all the way to the end, "This is Andy, leave a message."

Her voice made me smile. "Babe, it's me, just checking on you. I guess call me when you get this, I love you."

I hung up the phone, placing it on the charger, resting my head on my pillow. I closed my eyes, I missed Andy. It's only been a day, and I missed her. That has to mean something right? Or it could be that she is my bestfriend, and I just want to be around her. I love her, don't get me wrong. I think it's kind of pathetic of me to want t spend every second with her.

I closed my eyes, and slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

Hey guys!

So I hope you enjoy how this is going, but WHERE do you think it's going?

Will Andy come back around, and tell Cam what's going on with her, or will Ms. Ryan win her over?

What about Cam's dad? What do you think they will do for a vacation?

Give me a like, comments, whatever y'all feel.

~S_Ferrier