11.

The bell rang signaling for that class to end. I put my books, and papers back into my bag. I wouldn't be needing them. The kids started filing out to their next class. I sat quietly until they left. I only looked up to see Ms. Ryan staring at me, our eyes locked for only a moment, and she waved for me to come to her desk.

"We might as well get started grading. I have a lot." I pulled up the rolling chair to her desk, and sat almost too close. She smelled of sweet perfume, and lotion. My body was stiff, and uneasy.

I shifted away from her. Andy, Andy, Andy.

I stared down at the papers in front of me. I could feel the magnetic pull towards her. Her lips, her hands. Fight it woman, fight it.

I shifted uneasily again, and started working on the papers.

"Something bothering you?"

She looked at me, trying to keep my cool, shaking my head, not daring to look up at her. I knew how close she was. I knew if I looked up, our noses would be almost touching.

I used this opportunity to scoot away a few inches. Her hand brushed against mine. My body almost vibrating, I knew my body had stiffened, and I know she noticed it. I saw the smile play on her lips from the corner of my eye.

"So, how long have you and Andy been together?" She asked.

"A little over a year now." Trying not to seem interested in her pursuit, but I knew I was failing, and I couldn't keep this up. It was tearing away at me.

She shifted slightly, our legs brushing together. The heat, all of this heat was overwhelming. She didn't move it away, she knew what she was doing. I could feel sweat forming on my back. I took a deep breath.

I turned to look at her, she was already staring at me. Slightly biting her lip, searching my face. A few more inches I could have brushed my nose against hers. I searched her eyes. Confused, and warm, and excited all at the same time. My eyes screaming "Do It!" My heart saying, "Please Don't!"

I looked down at her lips, she looked at mine. A dark seductive look came over her. Her lips parted slightly. I looked down at my lap. I looked away, clearing my throat.

"What is this?" I said pointing to the paper. "I can't read it."

I could feel an awkwardness fall over the room. She fidgeted uneasily next to me, but still leaning over to read what I pointed out. "I'm not sure. Just mark it wrong." She scooted away from me then, back to her computer screen.

I let out a quiet sigh, "Ms. Ryan..."

"Nicole, call me Nicole." She didn't look away from her computer screen.

I fiddled with the pen in my hand, "Nicole," I smiled shyly, at the use of her name. "I-" The bell rang interupting me. I got up some what relieved that it interupted me. I didn't really know what I was going to say, maybe that I was sorry, but was I?

We looked at eachother, making eye contact. Both of us knowing that whatever this was wasn't over. There was more to come.

I walked out of the room, leaving Nicole to stare at my back. I let the cold air wash away the head and tension that smothered me in the room. I let out a sigh of relief, thanking God that I made it out of there without doing anything I regreted.

"Hey, babe." Andy said, wrapping her arms around my torso. She looked up at me, and I smiled. I noticed the small pucker between her brow.

"You okay?"

She looked down, and nodded, "Can we go somewhere to talk?"

I nodded, "Sure, hun."