38.

**Nicole's POV**

I woke up, looking at my alarm clock. It was saturday, and no need to get up really. I didn't want to leave my bed, this week at school was hard. Though i still don't remember anything, I knew what happened.

Cam has been there from the beginning, and she hasn't left my side, she must really care about me. My mind wondered to her, those eyes, the way she scratched the back of her neck. Her lips.

Had we really made love in my bed. I pushed my hands over the sheets, right here? My student and I?

When did I start liking girls, I mean, but have you seen her. She is stunning and confident. Lately she seemed sad, but i would be too after she told me all that she has. How close we were.

I sighed, and sat up. Coffee sounds good, maybe some breakfast. I could just get dressed and go down to the diner.

I showered quickly and threw some sweats on. It was a cold morning. It seemed like it should snow at any moment. I pulled on a thicker coat, and walked out to my car. My hair was in a high pony, I quickly drove to the diner, and got it.

It was fairly busy considering it was saturday, but it was also only seven, not many people wake up this early on a saturday.

"Hey, Nicole, what can i get for you?"

"A coffee, with eggs and bacon please." I said to the kind woman behind the counter finding a spot at the bar. I never seemed to remember this nice woman's name, but she has always served me when I come in here.

"Here's your coffee love." She pushed the stained cup towards me, "I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?"

I shrugged, "I've had a lot going on, I currently have amnesia, and I can remember everything but one person. It's the one person I should probably remember most. No matter how hard i try, I can't."

She reached over and grabbed my hand between her frail age spotted hands, "Honey, your heart knows what the brain doesn't."

She patted my hand, and walked to the next customer, leaving me to ponder what her words meant.

***********************************

After the diner i headed to the store, I needed to pick up a few groceries. I parked next to a jeep. I walked inside, grabbing a basket as i went.

"Sugar, Milk, Eggs, Cam..." I looked at my list confused, pulling my eyebrows together. "Canned beans, rice cakes." I shook my head lightly, and walked towards the milk.

I stood looking at the milk, did I want soy milk? I looked down the aisle, spotting a familiar brown haired girl. My heart jumped in my chest, your heart knows what your brain doesn't.

My heart knows I love this girl. She turned the corner, i grabbed my purse leaving my basket there, "Cam."

She was gone. "Cam." I jogged to the front, where did she go? There's no way she just dissapeared that fast. I pulled out my phone, looking for her number. I dialed it.

No answer.

I saw her again, she was with a girl, they were laughing, and buying what seemed to be like party food. I looked down, they seemed close, my heart fell to the floor, was I too late? I needed her, she was the key to unlocking my memory. The memories she and i shared, and I wanted them back.