21.

The next few days were a blur, between resting, and talking with my dad. It was exhausting. Nicole was always around. Keeping her distance because of my dad, she didn't want to seem suspicious. Though, I had a feeling he knew something was going on.

Andy stopped showing up. She text me telling me she was leaving. I wish I could talk to her. I wish she wanted to talk to me. I didn't blame her though. I just wish I could have explained. I guess I just needed to give her some space. I flexed my toes, curling them. My legs were stiff, like I had worked out really hard, and I just woke up the next day, but way worse, and pain shot up through my body.

"Hey, kid." My dad responding to my grumbles. "You okay?"

I nodded slowly, trying to convince myself that I was okay. "I'm going crazy in this room, dad." I looked down at my feet. I was in a nasty hospital gown. I sighed heavily, looking out the window at the cloudy sky.

"I know. I'm sorry, you get to go home tomorrow though." He patted my hand.

"Dad," I looked in his eyes, "I know you need to go back to work." I wrapped my hand in his. "I will be okay if you go back. I literally am sitting here. Nothing will happen."

He nodded, "I know. I just don't want to leave you." He had a sad expression in his eyes. I was all he had. I knew that. I also knew he hated seeing me like this.

"I will be okay. Nicole will be here. If not, I can make friends with nurse Casey. She seems sweet." I nudged him, and winked, making him chuckle. "She's a looker."

Casey had helped me a few times, she was about my dad's age, and he seemed to take a liking to her.

"You noticed that did you?"

"I notice everything." A soft knock caught my attention, my eyes snapping to the door. A smile spread across my face.

"Am I interupting a father daughter thing?"

"No, I was just about to head out, see if I still have a job." My dad stood, stretching his legs, and leaning over to kiss my forhead.

"Bye, dad." He walked out, touching Nicole's arm in thanks.

"Bye, Kid."

Nicole's dark seductive eyes reached mine. "Hey."

I smiled, almost too big. I felt stupid. "Hey."

She smoothed my hair back, and kissed my forhead. "I brought you something."

"A hamburger?" She tilted her head, and nodded, questioning with her eyes. "I can smell it." I laughed slightly. I was excited she was there, but more excited for the hamburger.

She handed the bag to me, "How are you feeling?"

I dug into the bag, and started eating. "Better now." I smiled with a closed mouth full of food. "Thank you."

She waited until I finished eating, I watched her walk to the door and shut it. I had been up for hours now. I was pretty tired, but I didn't want to miss out on being with her.

She came and laid on the bed carefully next to me. She didn't touch me, she just closed her eyes, and laid quietly. I wanted so bad to turn to her, and wrap my arm around her, but I couldn't.

She grabbed my hand playing with my fingers. "How was school?" I asked, trying to keep her talking. I missed her voice.

"It was okay. Joe misses you." Her tone full of sarcasm.

"I bet he fucking does. Somebody has to keep him in check. With his smart mouth." We both laughed, and got quiet, and serious. The tension was in the room.

"How are we going to do this?" Her fingers traveled up my arm. Chills following, sending my heart into a frenzy.

I felt my heart drop. I didn't want to think about that yet, but I knew it would happen eventually. We would have to talk about whether this was a good idea of not.

"However we can make it work." I turned my face towards her. We hadn't kissed since she woke me up. I looked down at her lips, and back up at her dark eyes.

Her voice a soft whisper, "I want this to work." She gently bit her lip.

Our noses brushed, her breath hitched. Did I make her as nervous as she made me? I felt her soft breath on my lips. My heart screaming for release from this tension.

"Kiss me" She let out in a shaky voice. Her hand running up to my neck, holding my face close to hers.

I pressed my lips against hers eagerly. Butterflies erupting in my chest. I let out a heavy breath through my nose. She parted her lips, gasping gently. She propped up on her elbow, still careful of my body. Heat forming between our bodies. I let out a deep moan from the back of my throat.

She pulled away slowly, our lips sticking slightly, not wanting to let go. Placing her forhead on mine, we breathed heavily together. I had never kiss someone, and have my body catch on fire like that.

She lied down next to me, resting her chin on my shoulder, holding my hand gently, "Your dad thanked me for coming here, and staying with you all this time." She chuckled softly. "If he really knew all of the reason's why I show up everyday."

I shrugged gently, "He might have an idea, but I'm glad he likes you." I squeezed her hand. "Shoot, he probably has a crush on you." I joked with her, laughing. "Just kidding."

"He likes the nurse." We both laughed, causing me to wince in pain.

"You okay?" She looked at me concerned.

I pushed my hand on my ribs. I nodded, "You're just so funny, it's killing me."

She just rolled her eyes, with that smile. "You're dumb." She laid back down and closer her eyes. "You should hook him up though." She kissed my shoulder.

"I thought about it."