40.

'**Nicole's POV**

Cam pulled my along a trail leading deeper into the woods.

"Where are we going?" I asked, it was getting darker, but she probably knew her way around since she lived here. I should just trust her. Can I trust her?

"You'll see." She turned back slightly and smiled. Her perfect teeth glimmoring.

We walked in silence for the remainder of the walk, which wasn't long. There was a small lake. It was clean, the sun made it shimmer while the golden leaves on the ground made it look surreal. I looked at the scenery in awe. I hadn't seen anything this beautiful in awhile.

"You like it?" She asked, her face not far from mine. Funny how i always measured the distance between us. I wondered if she did too, but maybe it's just out of habit for her.

"I do, this is really beautiful. Have you brought me here before?" I looked around, finding a bench that looked quite comfortable. So i made my way over to it.

"No, I never got the chance, plus it would be kind of weird. I mean before my dad didn't really know what was going on, between us, but i told him. The other day."

I pulled my eyebrows together, "You told your dad? What did he say?"

She shrugged, looking off into the distance, "He was totally okay with it. As long as i'm happy and out of harms way, he's okay with it, though he did warn me about being careful, with your job and such."

I looked down at my hands, she was right. I shouldn't even be here because of that. I shouldn't want to remember what we had. I shouldn't want to be near her so bad, but that's all I wanted really.

She turned towards me, taking her hands into mine. Her voice soft, and so fragile it could break at any moment, "I wish you remembered." Her deep eyes boring into mine.

"I wish i did too," I whispered. More than you know, do I wish i remembered. I looked down at our hands together, my body buzzing and warm.

I looked up to see her staring at me, her nose almost touching mine. I searched her eyes, wanting nothing more than for our lips to touch.

Her head tilted slightly sideways, she touched my cheek gently. Pulling me into her slowly. The anticipation killing me, my stomach tight, and my heart beating so fast. I felt her breath on my lips I let my eyes close. Waiting.

Her lips brushed mine, my body jolted, my mind raced. I let out a sharp breath, and she formed her lips to mine.

The late night talks, our first kiss in the hospital, the scar on her arms and neck, her coma, her ex girlfriend. Her saving me from my attack. Her name repeating in my mind. The first time we made love. Everything, jammed back into my mind. I deepened the kiss, holding her to me.

I whispered against her lips, "I love you." Pushing holding her against me tighter, trying to get as close to her as possible.

She pulled away slightly, i could feel the tears running down my cheeks. She searched my face, wiping the tears gently.

I could see her eyes getting watery too, she smiled in disbelief, "I love you too."

THE END

************************************

Okay guys, thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know, like and comment.

I appreciate the feedback.

-Summer