39

**Nicole's POV**

I felt like a creep, following Cam around town with this girl. Like we were dating, or something, I mean we were, but we weren't. I saw her pull her phone out, and dial me.

The phone buzzed in my center console, i answered it, "Hello,"

"Hey, are you okay? I missed your call, i'm sorry. I've... uh.. been busy...."

I saw her in the coffee shop sitting at the table by herself. The other girl was off ordering something, and Cam scanned the room for her.

"I'm okay, I guess, i wanted someone to talk too. I don't know. It doesn't matter."

I saw her smile slightly, "I'm glad you thought of me. I can come over in a little bit if you'd like." The girl started walking back to the table. "Or you know what, come to my house later. My cousin is in town, and my dad misses talking to you. It would be nice to have you over."

"Okay, that sounds nice."

So i'm guessing this girl was her cousin. That's why they were close. Nobody that I should be worried about. Why was I so worried though? I mean, honestly, I didn't remember one ounce of this girl, and yet I wanted to claim her as mine.

She is mine, her heart if obviously mine, she has given it all to me. I sighed, backing out of the parking lot and heading home.

I wonder if before that accident, if I had given all of my heart to her too? Did I want her to be my girlfriend. Did i enjoy her company? Not that I don't enjoy it now or anything, I'm just still not used to the fact that she is my student. It's obsurd.

************************************

I put my hand on the table in my dining room. Looking over the freckles that had formed there, the age spots. I was supposed to be heading over to Cam's now. I was scared I guess. I didn't know what to do. What if i didn't remember her, ever?

For the life of me I didn't know why I was so upset about it, I mean I don't remember her anyways, so why is this causing me so much pain?

I headed towards the front door, not ready but my stomach churned with excitement. I got in my car and drove to Cam's house.

There were cars everywhere, it seemed to be a pretty big party. I wonder what the occasion was. I knew I wouldn't know anyone here, and I wasn't prepared for this. I didn't want to be the awkward person who was here by themselves, though i woudln't be. Cam would be here, but could she be seen with me and have people not think it's weird. I mean i some what knew her dad. He was a nice man, I could chat with him, and people wouldn't at all question that.

I walked up to the house, looking over the old patio, with a few chairs dusty from the recent winds. I knocked on the door, i waited a few moments, swaying back and forward anxiously. The door opened, and a girl answered the door. She was just a small girl, no older than 4 years old. She had a cute pink dress on with white shoes, her blonde hair was in small braids. She smiled at me, and grabbed my hand welcoming me in.

"Hi, I'm Sally." She tugged me inside past people talking in groups and laughing, none of which i recognized.

"Hi, Sally, I'm Nicole. It's nice to meet you. Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you outside. To meet my best friend. She is really nice." I went a long with it, she was determined. Though i wondered where her parents were and why they were letting her answer the door. We made it out back where people were standing by the bbq pit waiting to be fed. I noticed Cam's dad flipping burgers, with a beer in his hand.

Nobody has noticed me and this small girl, heading towards the trees that surrounded the perimeter of the yard. Everything was so green, and the colored leaves glittered the ground. The smell of burgers filled the air. With laughing in the distance, we entered the trees.

"Sally, i don't think we should leave the party, your mom and dad might get worried." I pulled her to a stop, and looked down into her cute blue eyes.

"She's just a little further away, down by the ol shed. Don't be afraid."

She pulled me again, and i followed her deeper into the forest. I saw a shed in the distance, and my curiousty got the better of me. When we reached the door, I heard kids inside talking, and laughing. Sally pulled the door open, and i dragged me inside.

"This is my friend, her name is Cam."

Cam then turned around, but not before i got a full view of her body, she had tight pants on, charcoal colored boots with a small heel. My eyes traveled up her legs to find a leather jacket, and a hoodie underneath it. Her hair in a high bun. Sh turned, a small look of shoc on her face. She looked around at the other kids. They had startedtheir own conversation, sitting on the old hay bails sitting in th corner.

Cam looked in my eyes, smiled slightly, almost sadly, and adverted her attention to Sally, "Hey bud, who is this beautiful lady you have here?"

"I answered the door and she was here, and she is really pretty, so I just had to have her meet you." She smiled excitedly and danced a little on her toes.

Cam bent down and picked Sally up. Propping her on her hip, "Well thank you cutie, what is her name do you know?"

Sally looked at me, and giggled, "Nicole."

Cam planted a small kiss on Sally's cheek, and put her down, sending her over to the other kids, then meeting my gaze.

"Sorry she dragged you all the way out here. I wouldn't have come out here myself if I knew you were coming. The kids wanted to come out here and hang out." She smiled shyly.

"I don't mind. She is adorable."

"Let's go for a walk." She grabbed my hand and lead me outside. My heart fluttered.