22.

So today was my last day in the hospital. I was very excited to go home. I knew it would be tough on my dad, and I don't know how I would be able to get my home work or anything. How would I get to school?

I let my thoughts consume me for a little while. I sat in the hospital bed, looking around the dull white room. I sighed, anxious to get out of this bed, and outside. I hated these four walls. It had been 2 weeks since I had seen the outside world. My dad was filling out some papers down the hall. I waited for him to get back so I could get in a wheel chair.

Nicole was at work, I wish I would have gotten her number. I don't know why I didn't have it. I mean, if she was going to bring my work to me for the next couple of weeks, or at least until I made it back to school. She would need it wouldn't she?

I looked over at my phone, hoping to see some messages, but there weren't any. I had attempted to call Andy earlier, but it went straight to voicemail. I needed to talk to her, to figure this out. I don't know what was going to happen. I don't know if we were going to stay together. Granted after everything that had happened, I was still in love with her.

I mean, yes, I like Nicole. She's super hot, and seductive, and she makes me smile. Andy was, Andy, though. We had been together for so long, I just can't imagine going on without her. She didn't deserve this. I didn't either. I mean, Nicole was helping me. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, because I did. Which is a really bad thing.

I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. I just hope Andy would call me back, and we can work this out.

"You ready, Kid?" My dad walked into the room, holding papers. He did look worn out. Somewhat different though.

"Oh my goodness, you asked her out didn't you?" I prodded, a huge smile spreading across my face. "What happened? Tell me all about it." As eager as i was to get out of this damn bed, I was more happy to see my dad's eyes light up.

He looked down blushing, and laughing nervously. "I did, I asked her out to dinner this weekend. She said yes," He looked at me, with a huge smile, that I hadn't seen in a very long time. He was almost giddy.

"Good for you, dad." I smiled, "I'm proud of you." I sat up a little. I pulled my hair up the best I could with one arm. "Get me the hell out of here."

He chuckled, pushing a wheel chair to the side of my bed. I used my good leg, and arm to get into the chair. He started pushing me out, relief instantly leaving my shoulders. I smiled, feeling the change of smell, and scenery. I looked around the halls of the hospital, at all the nurses busying about. All of the sick people, I felt sorry for.

"So, I was thinking spaghetti for dinner?" My dad chimed in as we reached the sliding doors to the rest of the world. I took a deep breath taking in the fresh damp air. The smell of rain, and a slight breeze hitting my arms. I accepted it gladly.

"I think that sounds great." I let the breath out, and slumped in the chair. "Are you making it?"

He snorted sarcastically, "No, Nicole offered to come over and cook for you." He smiled, "She seems to really care for you."

I felt the back of my neck get hot, I laughed nervously, "Yeah, I guess so." I scratched the back of my neck. "I'm glad she has been so willing to help, and obviously waking me up. That's a debt I will never be able to repay." I almost instantly regretted bringing that up.

"How did she wake you up?" My dad opened the car door, which i'm assuming he didn't bring the jeep because it's easier for me to get in this.

I searched his face, trying to see if he knew anything, I just shrugged.

"I mean, I know you like her. Who doesn't, she is a smokin' hot woman. Hell, even I have a crush on her" He shrugged nonchalantly, "Just the way she looks at you. It's kind of..." He trailed off searching for the right word, as he helped me into the car. "I don't know. You both have something about you," He shrugged, dropping the conversation, and shutting the door.

So it was that obvious. I mean I knew he knew something was going on, but I didn't know it was that evident in our actions when we were around eachother. We purposly avoided that. No contact with anyone around, no strange eye contact. It was difficult, but we tried our best.

I was excited to get home, and get my school work done that i had missed. I was probably way behind, but I was hoping my teachers understood. Nicole, decided to excuse me from all of the work in her class. It wasn't really my fault that I got hit by a car.

****************************************

I sat on the couch, watching tv. My leg and arm propped up. I could feel my eyes getting heavy, but my stomach was growling. I closed my eyes, the doorbell rang. My head shot up. I groaned in pain. "Fuck."

I tried to fix my hair a little before my dad got the door. I knew it was Nicole, I wished I had a little make up on, something. A decent shower. "Hey," My heart lurched forward at the sound of her voice. I twisted my neck around to see her. When I met her dark green eyes, I smiled widely, and my body relaxed, a small sigh excaping my lips.

Her hair was up in a ponytail, and she had a white button up flannel, with black slacks. Her shirt was tucked in. Could this woman be any more hot? Did she have to dress like that? Did she now this was utter torture?

I waved at her, her eyes never leaving mine. "Hey."

My dad ushered her in, and went to the kitchen. "How are you feeling?" She was at my side, stroking my cheek.

Her deep forest eyes capturing me, "I...I'm, um, fine." I smiled almost nervously. She just looked so fantastic. I almost couldn't control myself. I heard the dishes clanking in the kitchen. I searched her face, and looked at her lips. I wanted to kiss her so bad. Every part of my body was screaming to do it.

A seductive smile played across her lips, and her eyes darkened. She stroked her thumb over my bottom lip, smiling. "I'm glad you're fine." She whispered, leaning in closer to me, slowly. Our eyes never breaking contact. I prepared to press my lips against hers, but she went for my forhead. I felt stupid, and she laughed slightly. "Later," she whispered softly into my hair.