17.

Nicole sat there, pondering over how she should tell me what was going on with her.

She let out a shaky breath, looking down at her coffee, "You didn't have to stay, but thank you." Her hands were shaking. She momentarily met my eyes, her's bloodshot, and puffy. "My ex, he decided to..." She trailed off, not wanting to continue. I patiently waited while she gathered herself. "He is having a child." She shook her head, and covering her face with her hands. Beginning to cry again. "I don't even know why I'm so upset, we have been apart for like three years now. When we were married, he never wanted to have children." She shrugged, "I feel so stupid, I shouldn't be so upset over this. I guess, I just wasn't the right woman for him." She looked met my eyes, shame covering her face.

"Nicole," I whispered softly, "It's okay to be hurt, it really is." I started to reach across to touch her hand, as it trembled on the table. I pulled back, we were in public to the wrong person it could mean something that it wasn't.

She nodded, "I know, it really does suck though. I mean, I-I don't even know." She looked down at my hand, almost reaching out to touch it. Her fingers twitched towards mine. We both ignored it though.
"I just wish that I was good enough for someone."

Before I could stop myself, my mouth started, "You are," almost a whisper. "You are good enough." For me. My eyes shot down to my lap I'm glad I had enough sense not to say what I was thinking. She was good enough for me, but Andy was better.

Wasn't she? She's not here. I scolded myself in my head, don't think like that. You love Andy, damnit.

I could feel her eyes on me, searching my face, watching my inner termoil take place. She was onto me. I looked up at her face, she had a small shy smile.

"Thank you for listening," She wrapped her hand around her coffee cup, and took a small sip, her eyes never leaving mine.

I could feel my skin grow hot, under her glance. "Y-you're wecome." I studdered. I fucking studdered. "I should get going now."

"Let me drive you." She looked at me worried, and glancing out the window. "It's getting windy out there, and the road will be slippery. I don't mind driving you at all."

Did I want her to know where I lived? Not really, she seemed really brave when it came to seeing me.

"I need to walk," I smiled at her, and blushed. I walked outside quickly, before she could say anything else, letting the cool air wash away my blush.

It was only a two mile walk. She was right, the wind was picking up, and there was a small drizzle. I walked slowly along the dirt trail. The road was some what busy, but everyone tried to bunker in for the storm. I pulled my hoodie on, watching my feet.

I heard a car coming, but decided that it wasn't anything to pay attention to, they had been driving by me all day.

Then I felt it, the impact. I blacked out instantly, I knew I was hurt though. I heard it. It happened too fast, I couldn't feel anything, but I heard it. The cracking of my bones. I don't know which ones, but it was the only thing I could hear now, amongst this blackness.