Book 1: A Girl in Another World - Chapter 23

Quinn

His kiss was soft and gentle, and I felt myself melting against him as he gently cupped my face. When he nudged my lips to part, I willingly obliged, and he keenly plunged his tongue into my mouth.

I moaned as his tongue intertwined with mine while our lips locked and our breaths mingled in a heated passion. When he moved back, I was more than a little dazed as I gazed up at him. He claimed my lips again, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, drawing myself closer, wanting more. But alas, I knew now was not the time to go any further.

I ended the kiss and pulled back. I said, "We'll have to wait until we get to Norsewood to do any more than this."

His eyes on me and his fingers slightly stroking my cheek, he said absentmindedly, "You're from another world. Much like the heroes summoned from other worlds by the priests of Athol, another being entirely, a being higher than us mere mortals."

Heroes? Another being entirely? The likes of me? What did he mean by that? And they could summon people from other worlds?

I asked, "You can do that? Summon people from other worlds?"

He nodded. "Though it requires an enormous amount of mana and powerful magic."

"Wow!" I expressed, shocked. Returning to me and another world, I asked, "So you believe me that I'm from another world? And what do you mean by heroes being another being entirely?"

"It explains all the unique things that you do," he said. "Heroes are being higher than us humans and other high-tier monsters though below legendary beasts. No matter how they got here, through summoning magic or reincarnation, they are blessed with multiple abilities and magics and an endless amount of mana storage within their body."

Unique. Aldric referred to all the things I did as unique. Not strange or abnormal, but unique. And apparently, I was something of a being that was higher than humans and high-tier monsters, but how the heck could I not even deal with orcs, which were mid-tier monsters, let alone goblins, low-tier ones? No, Aldric must have it wrong. Maybe I was just a random glitch in this world.

"Heroes could do things, and yours is especially unique. They must be from your world, the things that you do," he said.

I nodded. "It's very different, my world and this one, so it's a little hard for me to adjust. We are far more advanced in terms of technology. There's no magic or anything like that in my old world. I guess because of that, technology flourished to make our lives easier."

"It sounds interesting, your old world and technology," he said. "I would love to know more about them."

I grinned at him. "I'm only too pleased to enlighten you on those subjects, but that'll have to wait for another time." I turned my attention to the most important matter at hand as my gazed drifted to his side. "Aldric, I can heal."

He nodded. "We Norsewood people are very lucky to have you, Quinn, and now that I know you're a healer, too, those injured—"

"Yes, yes," I said impatiently. "I'm only too happy to help and heal them since I'm your wife, the lady of Norsewood, after all." I grabbed his shirt and started unbuttoning it.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his hand around my wrist. I knew he wanted to stop me, but his grasp was too damn gentle to prevent me from moving.

I said, "I saw injuries on you earlier. On your left side, I think."

He was silent as I completely unhooked the buttons and pulled his shirt wide open to reveal his chiseled chest. Gosh, I still couldn't stop marveling at just how much of a hunk he was.