Book 2: My Lord Saves the Citizens - Chapter 67

Quinn

Saturday evening arrived, along with the banquet. Since it was our first celebration, the women—Elizabeth, Maria, Frances, Eden, and Sara, and I—decided to get ready together in the penthouse. Maria and I, along with the maids, ended up helping Frances, Eden, and Sara with their makeup, and when they were done, I had to pat myself on the back because, boy, they looked beautiful. Their husbands were going to flip for sure.

It was six when Aldric came in, and when he saw his sisters and sister-in-law in their flowing gowns, pretty faces, and elegant hairdos, he, naturally, didn't react, which was as I expected.

Sailing toward him, I stood on my tippy-toes and planted a kiss on his lips. When I moved back, I said, "Are you here to get ready?"

"Mm-hmm." He nodded.

"Then allow me to help you dress once you've showered, all right?"

He nodded again and then headed upstairs into the master suite.

Eden said, "I know I'll never get any reaction from Aldric, but even with this drastic change, he still doesn't seem... shocked."

I patted her on the shoulder. "Don't worry about Aldric; as you know, he's a stoic. However, I'm sure Miles will be pleased to see you looking so divine."

Eden blushed. "Thank you, Quinn." She flung her arms around me and squeezed my petite frame tightly, expelling air out of my lungs in the process. "I never thought I'd get to look like this."

"You're welcome," I said, nudging her to loosen her embrace.

Frances, wearing contact lenses tonight instead of glasses, said, "I think we look even more grand than the ladies in the capital."

Sara said, "I'd say even more than the royalty."

Eden finally let me go, thank goodness, and moved back. Suddenly, she started tearing up, and I said, "No, don't cry. You'll mess up your makeup."

Eden did the only thing any woman knew to do at this moment; she started fanning her face with her hands as she forced herself to stop tearing up.

While everyone laughed, clearly very amused, Maria rushed over and started dabbing a tissue on Eden's cheeks before the tears could ruin the makeup. When the women left moments later, I headed up the stairs to see that Aldric had finished showering.

Blond mane wet, face clean-shaven and gorgeous, and ripped body naked with only a towel wrapped around the lower half, Aldric was a dream. I started drooling again, figuratively speaking, and thought I'd never get tired of looking at him.

I walked toward him, and standing on tiptoe, I circled my arms around his neck. "Sit down, please, so I can dry your hair for you."

Aldric obediently sat on the side of the bed, and grabbing another towel, I started fluffing his hair dry. When I was done, I lovingly ran my fingers through the strands, liking the softness of them against my skin. "Mmmm..." I inhaled the scent of his hair. "You smell great."

His eyes, I noticed, were glued on me the whole time, and feeling mischievous, I teasingly lowered my face until we were nose to nose and lips to lips. Then, cupping his face in my hands, I kissed him on the lips—slowly and gently and seductively.

It felt amazing, his lips against mine, and just to tease him even more, I stuck my tongue out and licked his lips erotically. I liked doing that because of his reaction last time. I was rewarded with the same this time, which pleased me mightily.

I felt him shuddering and sucking in his breath as he tightened his arms around my waist. Suddenly, as if he couldn't control himself, he roughly pulled me close, and with one hand at the back of my head, he eagerly claimed my lips, plunging his tongue right in, invading me with a heat of passion so strong, I found it overwhelming.