Book 2: My Lord Saves the Citizens - Chapter 86

Quinn

"It is indeed a miracle," Les said. "But what should be done with the dragon's corpse?"

Klein said, "If it needs taken apart, only the One-Horn Demons could, and even then, it would require at least fifty of them veteran monsters' butchers to deal with this one dragon."

Les nodded. "The One-Horn Demons don't deal with humans, so any request for aid from them would be impossible."

"Even if it was possible, by the time they could get here from Cliasa, the corpse would have already rotted," Klein said.

"I didn't know we'd need the One-Horn Demons to deal with the dragon's corpse," I said.

In my head, Vicky's voice said, I can deal with the dragon. There's nothing to it. There are a lot of great raw materials from a dragon. The fire core in this one has a lot of mana, and the scales can be used for armor and weaponry.

"Really?" I said, grinning in delight. "Sounds like a treasure trove of goodies from just one dragon."

Just a baby dragon this one.

"Then an older one like Hellfire will be even greater?"

Of course.

Klein asked Uncle Colt, "Why is my lady talking to herself?"

Uncle Colt chuckled. "She's not talking to herself. She's talking to her skill Vicky."

Les, at hearing that, said, "Skill? How is one able to do that? Talk to one's skill?"

"Well, she's unique," Uncle Colt said.

"Then should we store the dragon away while it's still super fresh?" I said.

Indeed, came Vicky's voice.

"All right," I said, marching up toward the dragon, very sure the crowd would have had enough looking at the gigantic corpse by now. "Move back, please. We're storing the dragon away."

Everyone looked at each other and one asked, "How, my lady?"

"Just wait and see," I said and then brought out my magic circle. This one was enormous, hovering over the dragon and covering it from the end of its tail to its head. There was an echo of oohs and aahs, and as the circle descended, the dragon started disappearing, and then it was gone.

"It's gone! The dragon is gone!" a boy said.

"Magic! The lady used magic to make the dragon disappear," a girl said.

"My word," Les said. "Such powerful magic even the likes of us Wood Elves have never seen or heard of before."

"The Mountain Dwarves, too," Klein said. "We've never seen or heard of such powerful magic either."

Turning around, I clasped my hands together and asked, "Anyone hungry?"

Lilly, who had been with Elizabeth and Maria during the whole scary fiasco, rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around my legs. She said, "Lilly is hungry."

I bent down and picked her up. "All right, let's have breakfast."

Twenty minutes later, I had three deep iron pots of chicken rice porridge out, along with tin bowls and soup spoons, and the soldiers started serving the civilians.

I decided on rice porridge since it was the sort of food that was easy on the stomach as half of the people had been starved for months and feeding them solids could kill them due to severe electrolyte imbalance, which could lead to heart and other organ damage, the dangerous refeeding syndrome. Hence, feeding them small portions of liquid food and keeping them hydrated was the best method until their bodies were used to working properly again.