chapter 4

Pihu's pov:

Rehan invited me for dinner, I asked dad to go or not he immediately said yes earlier he doesn't allow me to out that often, it's only four days left for the wedding and I don't feel anything other than the guilt of Destroying two peoples relationship, hatred of being called ugly from the person I'm marrying and forced by my parents to marry a jerk.

(Pihu's outfit)

"Pihu are you ready," rehan soft-spokenly asked me

"Pihu are you ready," rehan soft-spokenly asked me. And smiled at me. he was standing near his car.

I smiled at him and nodded and walked toward him.

We arrived at a very expensive restaurant and I have never been to a restaurant like this in my life. I thought that rehan and his whole family would be there but found no one was there except the two of us.

"Here's what you ordered! Enjoy!" The waiter served our food, and just as we settled into our meal, he unexpectedly remarked, "You both look made for each other," causing me to choke on my drink. Rehan smiled at the waiter and then shot me a smirk, adding an extra layer of discomfort.

As we continued eating, he asked, "How is the food?"

"It's delicious," I replied with a smile, nodding my head, and focused on my meal.

"Your expression looks totally burdened, like you're about to get indigestion," he commented in a modulated tone, observing my slightly stressed face.

"No, no, it's good. I really liked it," I reassured him, taking another bite from my plate.

"I'm pleased you like the food. What do you think of me?" he asked suddenly, catching me off guard. I gulped down the whole glass of water in front of me.

"Eat, I was kidding, Pihu," he chuckled, smiling, and resumed eating his food, leaving me bewildered. He seemed to enjoy making me choke on my food and then effortlessly resumed his peaceful meal.

"Pihu, will you be my friend?" he asked, his green eyes holding an appealing sincerity.

Unable to resist those eyes, I replied with a smile, "Yes."

As we conversed over dinner, I inquired about his motives for inviting me. He explained that he wanted to know more about me and spend some time together.

During our discussion, I learned about Anika studying in the USA and their grandmother living with them. Eeshan was only two years older than him.

"Umm.. Rehan, how is Eeshan? I mean, how is he doing?" I cautiously asked, sensing the weight of my past interactions with him.

"He is in Paris on a business trip. Do you want to meet him?" Rehan inquired, placing his cutlery on his plate.

"No, no, it's not like that. I was just asking," I quickly clarified.

"Oh, so you don't want to meet your future husband," he teased, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I didn't mean that," I stammered, attempting to convince him.