chapter 29

Rehaan's pov:

It's funny how things never really turn out the way I thought they would. Reality hit differently from my expectations and unexpected things happened.

I've been in love with the same girl that my brother is now. She was the one I always believed I'd end up with; I was convinced that no matter how many times my brother would screw things up, we'd eventually come back to each other.

But I learned she was running to me because she was running away from someone else the man she now loves. Whenever Bhai would hurt her, she comes to me, but she feels for him immensely. And that's one of the reasons I've always loved her so much; she has an immense capacity for love.

I guess that's why it was so incredibly difficult to see her in love with another man. I believed she would love me for the rest of her life, as I will love her for the rest of mine. But that wasn't isn't the case.

So now I'm closing the door on my love, my crush on her, she will always be my friend, and I'll always support her, she changed my life and taught me more than anything else ever could. When you see the person you love fall in love with someone else, it breaks you. So it does with me too.

There is one positive outcome from this: I shed excess. I let go of the stress and worry of not knowing how things will turn out because now I know the answer. I learned to steer my thoughts away from my crush, my pihu.

The part of me that just died. I now have a partially blank slate. I wanted to be with her, to create a life together. I wanted to start a family. I wanted...and was ready....to be the man, partner, and lover that she had always wanted. But none of that mattered then nor now. Cause in her eyes it's always him, and will be in the future also.

This was not enough until I got breaking news of I'm going to uncle, pihu's pregnancy, my brother got the victory, and I lost.

Pihu's pov:

"Go have your medicine pihu," he ordered me, he came in the morning only as he was not able to sleep without me, the same happened to me also but I didn't tell him.

"Okay, Okay.. I'll eat it," I pleaded in a Silvery voice. I took the medicine and ate it.

"at what time you are going to Pune to meet Tia," I asked him after drinking water.

"don't mention her," he said.

"I'll be fine, you enjoy your trip," I softly said, with a smile.

"I'm not going," he said I was bewildered, " Now you have these fruits," he said and made me eat that.
And then left for the office.

I started working on my sweater, I completed the baby's sweater, and now I'm working on Eeshan's sweater.

My mother-in-law and grandma also called me when they got the news of my pregnancy,

I called Tanvi to tell her and continued knitting.

"Congratulations! Pihu, I'm so happy for you," she excitedly congrats me when I told her.

"Jiju ne lg rha birthday gift pehle se decide karka tha," she giggled.

(I think brother-in-law already delivered what he will give you on your birthday)

"offfo.. Tum bahot bolti ho, Eeshan ne aisa kuch decide nhi kara tha," I blushed while telling her.

(Uff, you talk too much, eeshaan didn't deside anything like this)

"ohooo... Koi sharma rha hai," she was teasing me.

(Someone is blushing)

"You tell me how is life going and when are you going to meet me."