chapter 7

Pihu's pov:

I walked inside and saw no family member was there only the servants were working there.

I went to the room and sat on the couch and properly looked at the room a Sophisticated, modern, imposing with Shades of grey dominating the bedroom design -the matte grey accent wall, the grey ombre rug, and the wispy grey curtains. light-toned grey marble flooring and glass walls to keep the room is kept light and airy, Its wide windows, divide the room into two parts, which remind me that there is a barrier between Eeshan and me.

 light-toned grey marble flooring and glass walls to keep the room is kept light and airy, Its wide windows, divide the room into two parts, which remind me that there is a barrier between Eeshan and me

I looked at my phone and saw tanvi's message "how was the night with smirking emojis"

"My night ended up chilly" I texted her as my night broke off with strong chilly weather.

"Logo ki sughagraat hot rehti hai teri cold kaise gyi. Eeshan ne aisa kya kiya hein" she asked.

(People's first is always hot, how come yours was cold)

"tum bahot boltii ho (You talk too much)" I texted her back. " suno me baad me baat karti hoon koi door knock kar rha hai." (Listen, I'll talk to you later, some one is knocking the door)

I opened the door and my mother-in-law came. I smiled at her.
"pihu beta nashte ke liye neeche ajao (Pihu, come downstairs, for lunch)" she said and smiled at me. From behind her eeshan came in and glanced at us.

"eeshan niche jaldi aao fresh ho kar rasme karni hai," my mother-in-law said. He hummed and went inside the bathroom.

(Eeshaan you also come downstairs after getting freshen up, we will do the rituals)

I went with her and greeted eeshan's grandmother and his father. Father-in-law was sitting on the head's chair and on one side was sitting mother-in-law, Anika, and grandma, and on the other side was sitting rehaan and the two chairs were empty, I sat on the vacant chair next to him. We smiled looking at each other.

Eeshan entered and glared at us then sat next to me. He was about to eat when gramma said "pehla niwala apni biwi ke hath se khao aur khilao ye rasam hai"

(First give the first morsel to your wife and make her also eat)

Eeshan frowned and said " Dadi kaisi ajeeb ajeeb cheese karwa rhi ho aap"

(Grandma you are making me do such weird stuffs)

"Rasam hai Tu Karna" both of them said. He looked at me and then fed me the food. I also fed him his meal. We then started eating our food.

(These are rituals, you do it)

"Mooh dikhai ki rasam ab karni hai tum dono living room me chalo"

(You both sit in the living room we are now going to do face to be seen ritual)

Eeshan was about to say something but then grandma said "kuch nhi seedhe chalo" he nodded and we both sat on the living room sofa.

(I'm not going to listen anything, you go)

My mother-in-law, made me wear a red doopta and then did the pooja. And then every family member and many other people also came and started giving me gifts I smiled at them then the finding ring ceremony started, he looked at my face. And then we started to find the ring.

His cousins started cheering us

Some of them were saying bhai. Bhai... And some of them were saying bhabhi... Bhabhi.

(Bhai- brother.
Bhabhi- sister-in-law)

And Eeshan took the ring out then my mother-in-law said " Abhi do round aur hai" people were laughing and enjoying the rasams, this made me too smile. In the second round, I won and everyone started celebrating my victory, some of his cousins, started to whistle.

(Still two rounds are left)

"Ab ye wala round faisla karega kon jeetega," my mother-in-law said. Then we started finding it again.

(Now this round will let us know who is the winner)

"arey kaha dal diya mil hi nhi rhi hai," Eeshan said continuously finding the ring.

(Where did you kept the ring I can't find it)

"Andr hi hai andr tum dhoodho toh" one of his cousins said. Everyone was laughing.

(It's inside only, you first try to find it)

I find it again and everyone started whistling, shouting and giggling.

After some times I sat there, listening to my mother-in-law talk about how much she loved Eeshaan. She went on and on about how wonderful he is, how he was the light of her life, how she couldn't imagine a world without him. And all the while, I knew the truth.

He was a jerk. A complete and utter jerk.

But I couldn't say anything. I couldn't tell her what he was really like. I couldn't ruin her image of him, couldn't shatter her illusions. So I just sat there, nodding and smiling and trying to ignore the anger that was building up inside of me.

"He's just so kind and loving," she said, her voice full of emotion. "I don't know what I would do without him."

I bit my tongue, trying to keep my own emotions in check. How could she not see what he was really like? How could she be so blind to his faults?

"He's lucky to have you as his mother," I said, my voice full of sincerity. She smiled at me, then turned back to her son. After that we went to our room.

***
Ek vote ki keemat tum kya jaano Reader babu; ishwar ka aashirwad hota hai ek chota sa vote; writer ke sarr ka taj hota hai ek chota sa vote; har writer ka khwab hota hai ek chota sa vote.