Chapter 12 - A broken cry

⚠️Trigger Warning: mention of rape and torture but no description ⚠️

"... I've always been a quiet person, even when I was just a baby, I was more observant than normal. My father noticed that, and he trained me to be the perfect spy ever since I can remember. You were right about Thankhun and Kinn. With Thankhun getting kidnapped so many times, he became unfit to run our family, so my father started to train Kinn. As Kinn trained to be a leader, I trained to be his shadow, do all his dirty work, to be his personal second family." He took a deep breath, like he was trying to get control of himself even more. "Until one day, my father asked me to spy on a family that was gathering information about us and trying to get support from other people to dethrone us. He told me he was afraid that the minor family would form an alliance with them. I spent months spying on them, and then I found the person who was giving them all the information, including detailes and private things about us. I was shocked when I found out that person was my mother." I wasn't expecting this and I can clearly see that talking about this is not good for him.

"Did your father make you kill her?" I ask hoping the answer was no

"He wanted me to kill her, but I refused. I had done a lot of bad things for a seventeen-year-old boy, but I wasn't going to kill my own mother. I had a limit, and that was it, that was my limit, and it was already too much. When I refused, he locked me up with my mother. We spent a month together, but it was not a pleasant one. During that month, I was tortured, starved, and beaten up. In one month, I saw my mom being tortured, being used, and being raped countless times. I saw it all..." he was crying and I was crying too. I had expected a bad story, but not to this point. I didn't know what to think. I got up and went to his side, I hugged him, and I could feel him breaking out in my arms. "I saw it all, Porchay, I saw and I heard her. She asked him to stop and let me go, she begged them to cover my eyes and take me to another room while they did it." He said between sobs as he also grabbed me with more strength. I passed my hand through his back as I tried to say something, but nothing came. "I was there and I couldn't do anything. At the end of that month, my father killed her in front of me and said that it was all my fault for not killing her when he ordered me to." He was still sobbing and shaking, and I was lost.

"I'm sorry, I am really sorry." That was the best I could do.

We stayed there for almost fifteen minutes, and I kept trying to comfort him while processing everything he had said. It was almost unbelievable what his father had done, not only to him but also to his mother. A man like that, who does what he did, shouldn't be here. Tourturing his son and doing all those despicable things to his wife, someone he supposedly loved, is inhumane.

"P'Kim, we need to go inside. It's starting to get cold, and you are shaking." I say, but he doesn't move, he just hugs me stronger. "I'm not leaving, I just don't want you to get a cold. Let's go inside where it's warmer, please." I say softly while I pass my hand through his hair

He starts to get up, but he doesn't let go of my arm. He guides us to a simple room that I can tell is his. There is also a bathroom, so I take us there. I turn on the water and let it run for a bit until it fills the bathtub a little less than half.

"P'Kim, why don't you take a shower while I go clean things out there?"

"No" is his only answer

"I already told you I'm not leaving. I'm just going to bring the desserts inside while you bathe yourself. It will be fast. You can even leave the door open so you can hear me, ok?" he nods.

I go outside and grab the things to put in the fridge and in the sink. I also see if he has something I can make him. There is the basic: a bag of rice, some eggs, bacon, sausages, and sauces. I put the rice in the rice maker and go back to his room to check on him. He is still sitting in the tub, so I search for the towels and some clean clothes for him.