Chapter 20 - Play or be played

I woke up in the morning, and my room was empty. I checked my phone, and there was a message from Macau and another from Matteo. The one from Macau said, "You looked tired, so we let you sleep in. Hope you have rested. I'm here if you need to talk." Despite not being able to tell Macau anything, I was really grateful to him. He was showing that he really wanted to be my friend and that I could trust him. This should be the moment when I talk to him and open myself, but I can't do that, and that pains me deeply because I think he needs me to trust in him before he trusts in me.

The one from Matteo said, "Tell me when you wake up so I can pick you up.". I wasn't in the mood to go back to that house and look at him working all day, but what I want doesn't go into consideration these days. I texted him, saying that I was up. I go take a shower and get ready for the long day ahead. I dress something simple: some random jeans and a loose sweatshirt. When I got out of the room, a bodyguard told me that there was a car waiting for me outside. I went to the kitchen, grabbed an apple, and followed to the car.

To my surprise, Matteo wasn't the one picking me up; there was a bodyguard that I didn't know at the front of the car. When he saw me, he bowed his head a little and opened the door for me. I got in, and the trip was silent, there was no music, nothing. I wasn't even sure if he was breathing, he looked so tense. When we got to Matteo's mansion, he hurried himself so he could open the door for me. I don't know if all of his bodyguards are going to treat me like this, but I hope not, it was really strange.

At the front door, there was Fred, who, to my surprise, bowed his head like the others.

"Khun Porchay, Khun Matteo is waiting for you at your room." I couldn't avoid flinching when he said your room

I just nodded and went upstairs. I was starting to get scared, things were strange today. I walked into the room, and he immediately called me.

"Porchay, come here." he was in the studio part of the room, he had a cup of whisky in his hand, and the shirt was half unbuttoned. "Did you sleep well?" he asked, and I nodded. He looked like another person, and his aura had changed, it was darker now. "Sit and play for me" he said, pointing to a mini couch.

"What do you want me to play?" I ask in the sweetest tone I can find

"His song." He said with a cold voice and a look that made shivers run down my spine, "I want to hear Kim's song, the song you wrote for him." I stood there, as still as a rock, with the guitar in my hands, and he was still looking at me "Play!" he said louder, and I played.

While I sang, the only thing I could think was, "Shit, I'm completely fucked." These things P'Kim said last night about Matteo were also in my head, I was so scared.

"It's a nice song, you have a sweet voice." He said, putting the glass on the table "Come here, Porchay." I didn't move even if he had said it with such an authoritarian voice, "Trust me, Porchay, you don't want me to go there." that made me raise and walk to him.

I stood in front of him, and he looked at me until he suddenly rose up and pushed me against the wall, grabbing my neck in the process.

"You know, I didn't expect you to be okay with this from day to night, but I also didn't think you would be so reclass to the point that you met with him." I could feel him squeezing my neck more, making it harder to breathe. "I haven't been anything but patient and carrying towards you, and at the first opportunity you get, you decide it's a good idea to see him, in a house in the middle of nowhere!" He got closer to my ear "Tell me, are you Kimhan's little whore and they left that detail out?" My eyes were starting to get watery "Answer me!" he screamed

"We... we didn't do it." I said, "We have never done it."

"That is good." He said, letting my neck a little loose, "I want you to tell me what happened between you two last night, with details." I looked at him with surprise, he couldn't possibly be serious. "You don't want me to get madder, so start talking now!"