Chapter 58 - Buona notte

We ordered pizza, nobody had the energy to cook it, so pizza for everyone it is. I leave a bunch of them on the table for the bodyguards to eat and grab two boxes to take to my room.

Matteo had a bunch of papers in a secretary, and P'Kim was helping him prepare everything for tomorrow afternoon. Midnight was a bit strange after all the noise and being closed in the bathroom, but she was hanging around P'Kim and Matteo, sometimes walking among the papers and making a mess out of it. It was fun to watch.

"Hey! We have food." I say showing the pizza boxes

"I'm so hungry." P'Kim says putting all the papers aside while Matteo grabs Midnight

"I know you want to eat, but you can't eat pizza." Matteo says to the cat, taking her to her place to eat before she eats something she shouldn't eat

Matteo puts milk and a little bit of cat food for her. She is still little, so she can't eat that many things. While he does that, I help P'Kim set up everything and go grab some water. When Matteo comes back, he still looks sad and like he could cry at any second, but he's organising everything with P'Kim for tomorrow.

I had never seen how they do this when they leave, but everything of value goes to a safe in the closet. They revise every paper one by one, and they either burn it or put it in the safe. Every mobile gets covered up as all the painting and everything that can be opened gets locked down, it's like moving.

I haven't told my brother that I'm leaving yet. It pains me to see how our relationship is at the moment, how we barely talk, and when we do, it's mostly to argue. I'll fix our relationship after this is done. Now, I just sent him a text saying I was going to Italy to put to rest all the people who died.

"I don't want to eat." Matteo says joining us

"You need to eat, Matteo." I say, giving him a slice and looking at him with my doe eyes, "Please Teo..."

"I'm not hungry, love."

"Just one slice, or half a slice." P'Kim says "You haven't eaten anything the entire day."

"Fine, but just a little bit. I'm really not hungry."

"You just need to get something on your stomach, it doesn't need to be much." I say, and he smiles at me

Both P'Kim and I continue to eat without making a big scene with Matteo because we want him to not feel pressured about eating. We are observing as he looks at the pizza, takes one deep breath, and finally bites it.

He takes one bite and then another, he eats an entire slice and grabs another. I smile at P'Kim, who is also devouring the pizza. We finish eating in silence, and I take the boxes downstairs to leave them to work.

I wish Matteo could grieve in peace and at his own pace, but his people need him, and after this is over, I'll make sure he has time to heal.

I go to the kitchen, where all the pizza boxes are now empty. I look around, and I see two bodyguards looking at me, so I go to talk to them.

"Is everything okay? Did you eat? I can order more pizzas, I thought it was enough for everyone."

"No, we all ate, Khun Porchay. We were just wondering what we should do about Auntie's room?" One of them says

"We would ask Khun Matteo, but we didn't want to burry him in more responsibilities." The other completes

"Where is Auntie's room?" I ask, and they take me there

It's connected to the kitchen. When I look at the wooden door, it almost makes me feel like there is a different world waiting for me on the other side. I open it, and when I look at it, it's so different from the other rooms.