Chapter 49 - Plans and schemes

We walked in, and I was followed by the three of them. The bodyguards looked at us, but no one said anything. I arrived at my brother's and P'Kinn's office. I remember all those times I stood in front of this door, and all of them, it had either been because I did something my brother didn't like or something was happening. Now, it's not like that, I'm here to look for answers, so I knock.

"Come in." I hear P'Kinn say

I tell the bodyguards to wait outside, and I go in.

"Good morning, P'Kinn." I say and look around, "Do you know where my brother is?"

"He went to grab some documents in the other room, but he'll be right back." He says and looks at me, "How was Japan? After that little surprise at the bar... I didn't think you would actually shoot someone."

"Japan was good; there was a lot of food and technology, and it was fun being in a different country." I say

"Are you planning on going back there?"

"Maybe for a holiday with P'Kim and Matteo, but right now, no."

"Kinn, I have the papers... Chay, what are you doing here?" P'Porsche says entering the room

"I came to talk to you."

"Oh, I see. So the three men out here are yours."

"Yes, they are." I say

"Kinn has things to do in the office, why don't we talk outside?"

"It sounds good." I say and follow him outside

"You're a bit serious..." Hia says

"You are too."

"You're different, things are different, I don't know how to act around you anymore. You no longer are my little brother, and I miss him..." Hia says, and it breaks my heart a little. I don't know why

"I'll always be your little brother, I just needed to grow out of being dependent on you..." I start "Nothing changed, maybe I changed a little, but I'm still the same boy you raised, so stop being so worried. I miss my brother, I don't know when we just parted away from each other..."

"I think it was just too much, too much happened too fast, and we just weren't ready for everything. I mean, I thought I had a little more time before you decided to get a boyfriend, but then you got two and everything... it was too much."

"Maybe now we can be better, or we can try..."

"Of course we can Chay!" he says and wraps his arms around me

"It won't be so easy..." I start "Korn is still planning things..."

"What do you mean? The incident at Matteo's club was related to Korn..?

"They are his new puppets, Time is with them..."

"That motherfucker, I always told Kinn he wasn't a good person..."

"You don't know anything about this, do you?"

"I don't know yet, but I'm going to find out..."

"Yes please. Are you sure P'Kinn doesn't know anything?"

"I think he doesn't, I know he wouldn't cooperate in anything that could hurt you, but Korn can be using him for that without his knowledge, I'll look into that."

"Hia, I'm going to look for Korn, and if by some miracle I find him, I won't think twice; I'll kill him." I say boldly, and Hia stays quiet for a bit

"Ever since this started happening to you, I keep thinking about one time when I had a gun pointed at Korn while he was playing piano... If I had shoot that time, we wouldn't be here."