Chapter 14 - Last moments

When I'm done thinking, I take a quick shower and put on different and more comfortable clothes. I don't know if I should stay in my room or if I should go out. P'Porche said he wanted to talk to me, and I can imagine a couple of reasons why.

I hear someone knocking at my door.

"Khun Porchay, Khun Porche wants to see you at the training room." A bodyguard says and I follow him

My brother is there, in the big room full of all the training equipment and a special part for physical training. It is silent, and I hate when he does this testing thing, it leaves me really nervous.

"Come on, don't be afraid I'm not going to hurt you," he says "He wants a date with you tomorrow night, and I'm not letting you go there defenceless. I know you train with Tay, but he isn't a trained bodyguard. I'm going to go over the basic self-defence techniques so that if anything happens, you can at least do some damage. You probably won't win, but you'll buy us time to help you."

"Khrup Hia."

He started to show me a bunch of moves, exemplifying and explaining everything in detail. I repeated every movement he did, trying to do it perfectly. Of course, I couldn't do all of them like Hia did, but I was trying my best, and I was liking this moment even with everything that led to it. I liked to be with my brother, and I miss the old days when he would listen to me singing and playing guitar or ask me about school, and it was just the two of us. I know that no matter what happens, I will always have him by my side.

"What were you doing with Kim? I thought you wouldn't want to see him, not even if he was made of gold. What changed?" He asks curious

"I think I realise things are not as simple as I imagine. There are things that I don't know, and I also realised he is more hurt than I am."

"And with that, you mean he is completely fucked up and he did things you don't understand, but there is probably a very good reason you don't know for him to do it, and now that he sees you hurt, he is trying to make you understand that so you don't leave him." Hia says, and I nod, "This Theerapanyakul brother, they always do the same shit and never learn."

"And we always try to understand because we love them too much for our own good." I say complementing

"Yes, that is right." P'Porche says with a smile, "Are you sure you want to go tomorrow? We can say you changed your mind and just cancel everything." I can see he is worried

"It's an important business for you and PKinn, and all I have to do to help you is go to a dinner and talk to him for about 3 hours, so I am going to do that, and I'll stay safe."

"It's strange seeing you so certain of yourself. You were always doubting every move you made."

"I can't do that anymore. I need to grow up, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm someone you can trust to help you, and I'm going to help you with this. You certainly do harder things than go to a dinner with clients."

"You know, even if you do some stupid things from time to time, I am proud of you. Never doubt that, Chay. I'm sure the dinner will go smoothly. Now, this is enough talk. Let's continue. I still have some things to teach you."

We continue for what seems like years, and by dinner time, we stop. We stopped a couple times along the way to rest a bit and also to eat, but he continued to teach me after that. During dinner, things were tense, tense dinner had almost become a tradition in this house. P'Kinn and P'Porche were arguing business, and P'Thankhun still refused to talk to me after I didn't watch a movie with him.

There was no sign of P'Kim, I really would like to know what he is doing during the times he disappears. Back in my room, I'm tired, and the only thing I want to do is sleep. I'm a bit disappointed about Matteo, but I can't say people haven't warned me. After all the drama, he seemed like someone who could take me out of here, and now he is just even more drama.