9

Strike One

"Excuse us, professor." Nakangising sabi ulit ni Khaios bago nilampasan ang tulalang propesora.

We were both silent while he's carrying me towards the kubo that's exclusively for the whole Student Councils and our friends.

"Khai, I think you're right." I said.

I couldn't accept the reality.

"Hmm?"

"I really do like her." I mumbled weakly.

He sighed, "Liking someone is natural, Ari. Why do you look so down about it? You should be happy."

"How can I? She's not committed in terms of relationships, but emotionally? She is." Nanlulumong sabi ko.

Tangina.

"It's clearly unrequited." I added.

"They're not back together, right?" He asked, I shake my head as an answer.

"You still have a chance, why not pursue her?" Suggestion niya.

"Patience, dedication and sincerity is the key for you to succeed, Ari." Dugtong niya.

Should I try?

"What if she rejects and avoid me?" I asked.

"Accept and move forward." Sagot niya kaya natahimik ako.

"I'm not yet ready." Sagot ko.

"Just take your time, Ari. Don't stress yourself too much this is your first time, right?" He asked before putting me down.

We're already inside the kubo and I didn't even realize it. Maybe I was too preoccupied.

"Yeah."

"Then, cherish it and just go with the flow." He smiled genuinely at me before patting my head.

"You can order anything you want." Sabi niya bago inabot sa'kin ang cellphone niya.

I showed him the sleeves that's covering my hands. He put his phone on the table before fixing the sleeves of his hoodie that I'm wearing before giving me his phone again.

Maya-maya lang ay dumating na nga ang in-order ko na isang kiddie meal na may kasama pang laruan na galing sa Jollibee kaya tawang tawa ang gago.

"Thanks for today, Khai."

I mumbled before drifting off to sleep.

--

"No, stop being hardheaded." Seryosong sabi ni Harmony.

Nagtatalo kaming dalawa rito sa parking lot habang ang lima naman ay parang mga tangang nanonood samin.

"I won't drink, promise." Pamimilit ko.

They're planning to drink some beer on Cyler's condominium but she's not allowing me to come with them.

"No, and it's final." She sternly said.

"Harmony, please?"

"Hindi, ayoko."

"Sige na kasi."

"You can't, quit being stubborn and just listen to me." She said in a dismissing tone.

Walangya.

"Fine." Nakangusong sabi ko.

"Go straight to our house, my mom is there. I'm let her know that you'll sick and I'll tell her to look after you." Sabi niya kaya mas lalo akong sumimangot.