39

Elara Chandra Russo (Part II)

"Elara," tawag sa 'kin ni mama.

Nandito ako ngayon sa loob ng kwarto ko rito sa bahay niya, hindi ko magawang umuwi sa sarili kong bahay matapos mapakinggan ang balita tungkol sa nangyari sakanya kanina lang kahit na nag desisyon akong umuwi kagabi. Nag-aalala ako pero hindi ko alam kung saan huhugot ng lakas ng loob para dalawin siya dahil na rin sa nangyari bago siya umalis na ako ang dahilan.

Actually, simula noong gabing nangyari 'yon sa bahay ko ay hindi na ako muling umuwi roon. Hindi ko alam kung bakit sobrang tanga ko at naniwala ako sa litratong ipinakita sa 'kin ni Solomon pagpasok ko mismo ng kusina.

It was Rius, she was kissing that Guillermo guy at the bar. Her clothes is the same so I already know that it was that night. It was too late when her friends cleared everything out especially the Guillermo guy named Khaios.

"It's my fault." I whispered while staring outside the window.

The sun is already setting.

if I had not immediately believed in that photo, maybe all of this would not have happened.

"Elara, ano ba 'yang sinasabi mo? Isang buwan kanang ganiyan simula noong gabing bigla ka nalang pumunta rito dala ang kulay puting pusa na 'yon." Mahabang sabi nito.

I sighed while holding back my tears. "I made a terrible mistake, Nanay." I heard her gasp because of what I said.

Since I was a little kid, I never accepted mistakes. I wanted everything to be perfect- at least perfect in my perspective. But here I am saying that I made a mistake.. not just a simple mistake but a terrible one.

"Everyone makes mistake, Hija." She said in a soft tone that made me start to tear up.

"I hurt her..." I said, sobbing.

"I hurt the woman who treated me as someone so special just like how Papa treated me back then." I sobbed harder while she's caressing my back gently as if I was a fragile glass that will break easily.

"Elara, making mistake is normal and it's okay to make lots of mistakes because no one is perfect but.." I just cried while listening to what she's saying.

"Not fixing or correcting it will never be okay," she smiled, trying to comfort me.

"You can make mistakes as many as you want but you should always know how to fix or correct it as soon as possible for you to not be too late." She added.

"I don't have a face to show her after what happened, Nanay." I said full of regret.

"That kid loves you i'm sure she'll understand, Elara." My eyes widened because of what she said.

She knows? But how? I found out the she loves me after that night, but my mom knew about it before me??? What the hell?

"You won't bring her here and introduce her to me and Safi if she's not someone so special to you." She said as if she read the question in my mind.

"You're not mad about it?" Naguguluhang tanong ko.

"Get mad because my Unica hija fell in love with a nice woman?" Mahina siyang natawa. "Why would I get mad? You're old enough to choose and make decisions for yourself.. besides just like what I said, she's a nice and well-mannered kid."