Epilogue

To Infinity And Beyond

"Mom,"

I came back to my senses when I heard Safiyya's voice. I was spacing out, damn it. I mean, who would, right? I just saw my woman after three whole fvcking years.

"What is it, baby?" I asked.

She looks worried.

"What are you thinking? You've been like that since you came home from the hospital last night." nag-aalala at nagtatakang tanong nito kaya napabuntong hininga ako.

"It's nothing, Safi. I'm fine, I just saw something..." tanging sagot ko at mukhang hindi pa siya kumbinsido.

"Let's just eat lunch outside, Mom! I'll take you out, just like a date." she excitedly said that made me smile.

"Sure, take a bath na." utos ko sa kaniya na agad niya namang sinunod.

When she left I was once again left alone while thinking about what happened yesterday. Her eyes, it was blue and green... i've heard about cases like those but I didn't expect that i'll see a real one and it's my woman's eyes. It looks intimidatingly beautiful, it was sharp but still... it gave me warmth.

Now that she's back, what should I fvcking do? I think she's mad at me, of course she fvcking is.

I frustratedly sighed. "What should I do now?" I whispered under my breath.

Tumunganga pa ako saglit doon bago nag desisyon na pumunta sa kwarto ko para maligo at magbihis ng damit na komportable at pang alis dahil tiyak na mag-aaya pang gumala si Safi pakatapos ng lunch. It's my day off today, three years ago it's what Rius and I called babe time.

"Mom?" napukaw ako mula sa malalim na pag-iisip nang marinig ang magaang katok sa pinto at ang boses ni Safi.

"Wait for me at the living room, i'm changing my clothes." utos ko.

Napabuntong hininga akong muli bago nagsuot ng high waisted shorts na pinaresan ko ng gray fitted t-shirt at ang puting rubber shoes na parehong-pareho ang disenyo ng sapatos na pag-aari ni Rius. We bought it when we celebrated our second month of being in a relationship.

After getting dressed, I looked at the side table near my bed and saw a photo of the two of us when we went for a walk at the amusement park we went to before. I slowly walked over to it and took it before bringing it closer to my face and kissed her photo before caressing her face carefully and gently as if I was really caressing her face personally.

"I missed you... so much."

When Safi and I arrived at the mall, we walked around for a while before she decided to eat when she felt hungry.

"Where do you want to eat, love?" I asked.

"Jollibee!!!" she cheerfully said that made me smile.

"Jollibee it is."

When we entered Jollibee, it was almost full and there were only a few empty tables, so I quickly ordered food for the two of us before we walked to the other side that the waiter pointed to where there was still an empty table.

But it seems like destiny really is a good player, our paths crossed for god knows how many times already but this time I got my heart broken once again. She's with a little boy who called her Mama and a woman who introduced herself as Rius' fiancee.