Part 1

As I sat at the empty dinner table of what used to be a lively little house, eating my cold ramen noodles, I thought about all the past feelings and events I've been dealing with lately.

I just couldn't shake off the constant feeling of being watched. Just yesterday, I saw an old friend of our family. His name was Rayi and he's been serving the family for 541 years now.

When he was still an innocent blue-eyed child he stumbled upon our mansion and asked for a chance to stay the night. It was a stormy winter night and he was scared of the creatures that would crawl out of their holes at times like that.

Even though father was convinced he'd be able to fight them off on his own, he let the poor boy inside to stay until the storm was over.

After further investigation, mother found out that the boy had been on his own for 3 years and it was decided that he was free to stay for as long as he desired as long as he served our family.

And that he did.

Now he was mostly used for doing background checks and locating important people. He was basically a part of the family.

With his pitch black hair, slender build, dark clothing style and incredible spying skills, he was perfect for the job.

It was slightly concerning that I was able to spot him around this abandoned town.

I was able to make out his silhouette wandering the ivy overgrown streets while looking out of my window.

They couldn't have found me, right? It's been 129 years now since I've run away and started living on my own. I might look like a child and act like one from time to time, but I'm still a vampire with incredible hearing and a good nose and I know when to act seriously and how to protect myself.

Traveling from abandoned location to abandoned location I've had to protect myself many times already. There's wild animals, sometimes even magical creatures- "TACK"

I silently pushed my half eaten ramen bowl away from me and let myself slide down from the chair to under the table and crawled into the darkness. Luckily there was an old dusty tablecloth covering the entire desk and what was under it.

I wish I had taken a book with me.

Whenever I hear an unfamiliar sound I have to hide away for around 2 hours to make sure there's nobody here. I don't really know what I'd do if there's actually something wrong.

I've been hiding in this old abandoned town for 15 years now and it was about time I got going again. The small house I've been resigning in for the time being was probably one of the most intact ones you could find here. There were no bugs crawling around inside and the roof was still waterproof. The walls didn't have as many cracks and it was relatively warm inside. I hated the water and everything that let the cold in.

I can't afford to get sick again. Last time I got sick I had to stay in bed and couldn't hunt nor eat leftovers due to the overwhelming tiredness.

It was hard to get my malnourished body back out of bed and to start existing again after that. I wish I could- "CRASH"

The crash came from the demolished house from across the street. It was relatively close and I had to prepare myself for a fight if whatever's out there would notice me-

Footsteps. I could hear multiple pairs of shoes padding elegantly over the ground.

I need to get out of here. Now.

Footsteps were the absolutely worst case scenario. They always belong to a person.

What if Rayi was out here because they were looking for me again? One thing was for sure though, there were more than just one person and if those people happen to be vampires too I'll be fucked. I couldn't fight even one vampire, let alone an adult and since my body is never going to grow again I won't ever be able to. Vampires just stop growing at the age where they're body is as fit as it'll ever be.

Most of the time that happens when they're around 28 but for some fucked up reason I stopped growing at 7 years of age, probably because I would have gotten sick later on and therefore weaker. My family always thought I was precious because of that so they were very protective over me.

Father and mother died and the oldest of us was in charge, which is Rei. Rei is literally the scariest dude you'll ever meet. He was the first to control my every move after our parents died. The rules he sat were unbearably strict, I couldn't even sleep alone because he was so scared that our parent's murderers would get me next. He would spend every free second he got to cuddle with me, which was actually pretty nice, but after all he was still sick in the head. My other 3 brothers aren't cute little princesses either.

Aleris, the second eldest, is very experienced in the medical field. Back in the good ol' days he would be the town's doctor or the emergency surgeon but he stopped leaving the mansion when father and mother left us. Chire could be emotionless at times but that wasn't the main issue with him. He became obsessed with everybody's health after the incident and since mine was the worst he'd constantly be next to me telling me to eat more, to drink more and to even consider a blood diet only because I was always so sickly.

Grimm, the third eldest, is the observant one. His constant staring was making me sick and he always wanted to talk about my mental health because of my stunted growth but I left before he could go any further with his plans.

And then there's the youngest of my elder brothers, Rosen. Rosen is a very bipolar person, even though he would never hurt me, I sometimes feared he would hurt my brothers. I'm not sure whether he has changed already or not but when I was still living with him, he was going through something we call the vampire-puberty. It's like human puberty except our puberty lasts around 20 years longer and can be a lot more dangerous. There were even incidents where the victim killed their entire family just because they couldn't take it anymore.

It's kind of sad that I won't be able to see what Rosen's really like because I can't just pay him a visit.