Part 41

Alerus softly pressed his lips against my forehead, still smiling gently.

"If you allow me to feed you, I'll let Rosen in to accompany you for a bit," He said as he pulled away. "How does that sound, little one?"

A bit weirded out by the brotherly kiss to my forehead, but still happy, I nodded my head eagerly. Rosen shall steal jars full of cookies for me.

"Yes, please."

"Alright, then. Stay still and drink," He ordered as he punctured his wrist with one of his fangs and pressed it to my lips.

Hating the sensation of blood flowing uncontrollably down my throat, I scrunched my face up in distaste. This is so disgusting, I can't wait for the day that I don't have to do this anymore...

Choosing not to complain, I patiently held my breath and waited for the wound to close itself. And sure enough, the blood flow stopped after a minute. It's crazy how strong those guys are - I would probably just bleed to death within seconds if somebody cut my wrist like that. And they heal such lethal wounds up within such a short span of time like it's nothing. Just a mere bug bite.

When Alerus pulled his wrist away, I looked up at him through my eyelashes. He was going to let Rosen come in here now, right? Then I can persuade him to get me some cookies. Screw whatever healthy diet Alerus was trying to put me under - I only needed sugar to survive.

Alerus chuckled slightly at my unintentional puppy eyes.

"Don't worry Faer, I will get Rosen for you."

And with that, he got up from his crouching position, turned around and walked out the door. I was weirdly content and relaxed in this situation. Not that I'm complaining though, I don't mind being happy.

"ROSEN, GET YOUR FAT, LAZY ASS UP HERE!" Alerus boomed from the stairs as I almost had a heart attack. Couldn't he just walk down the stairs and calmly tell Rosen what to do instead of yelling it at the top of his lungs through the entire mansion? Our neighbors would surely be thankful. And by neighbors, I mean the birds sitting on the trees in the forest.

Within a matter of seconds, Rosen appeared in the door frame, happily beaming at me.

"Hey Faer, how are you feeling?" He asked as he approached my bed.

"I'm fine, just a little numb," I told him.

"Good to hear. Has Alerus already told you in what direction your curse will be developing?" He looked at me with expectant eyes, still beaming.

"Yeah, he did. I'm not a big fan of it, but whatever," I answered honestly. I really didn't approve of their choice of curse. They could've chosen literally anything, but they went for giving them an excuse to brush my hair instead. What absolute dimwits they were.

"I figured as much, but I'm sure you're going to enjoy it, don't worry," He said. "I'll take it upon myself to make sure your hair is always neatly brushed, don't worry," He winked as he turned and walked into the bathroom.

A second later, he came back out with a brush in his hands.

He was really enjoying this, huh?

Well, I better make sure that he stays in that good mood so that I can convince him to steal the cookies for me.

Reluctantly, I sat up a bit more. I have no choice but to let him brush my hair if I want those cookies. And maybe it wouldn't be too bad if my hair didn't turn into a messy bird nest within the next few days.

Grinning from ear to ear, Rosen crouched down next to me and started to gently run the brush through the tips of my hair.

"Dang, now I get why you struggle brushing your own hair, Grimm was right," He blurted out absentmindedly.

"Huh, what did Grimm tell you?" I wondered out loud. Why would Grimm talk about my hair?

"Oh, it's nothing. He just told us how he had to brush your hair for you and now I get why: It's all tangled up," he said.

Scrunching up my eyebrows, I looked away from Rosen to the opposite side. Of course Grimm would tell them.

"Can I ask you for a favor, Rosen?" I asked the male, shifting my eyes back to him. His cheeks that used to be adorned with freckles and a soft, rosy tint were now clear and porcelain-like. That's what all vampires would grow up to look like once fully developed. Well, not all vampires. There were certain exceptions - like me.

Rosen's eyes lit up. He looked at me expectantly.

"Of course! I'll do anything you wish for. Just ask me!" He exclaimed happily.

"You remember the jar of cookies that always stood on top of the shelf in the kitchen?" He nodded attentively, "Does it still exist? Is it in this mansion perhaps?" I continued.

Rosen's eyes glazed over for a second, but other than that, his expression didn't falter much.

"Why wouldn't it? Of course it's here! Do you want me to get it for you? I can probably find the old jar! And I'll make sure to get some good chocolate chip cookies for you," He seemed really excited, but at the same time, his expression seemed a bit strained.

"You would really do that for me? If Alerus catches wind of this we'll be in big trouble though," I looked at him with hopeful eyes. I was starving to get something real in my stomach.

His face slightly paled at that.

"That'll make this a whole lot harder... That dragon is always guarding your door anytime any of us even go in the direction of your door. Not to mention how Rei is also always on Alerus' side. They're both so incredibly strict... But I'll squeeze my way around them, don't worry!" He seemed a bit worried, but still smiled and winked at me before he swiftly slid through the door frame again.

"I'll be back in a bit!" He bid his farewell with a wave of his hand.