Part 9

"There's a toothbrush in the bathroom, please actually use it," spoke Alerus with a warning undertone to his voice.

"Yeah sure, whatever," I rolled my eyes at his silliness. He was such a weird health freak. Always demanding me to take care of my body like it was some kind of holy being.

Alerus looked at me with serious eyes. "I mean it. If I notice that the toothbrush is dry after breakfast I'll personally brush your teeth," grumbled the black haired male sternly.

With my eyes wide open I nodded my head slowly. He had become way more confident than he was way back when I was still younger.

He took a step back out of the room and turned around to leave, but not before speaking up once more.

"I'm almost certain that Rei will pay you a visit in a couple of minutes and tuck you in. Sleep well little guy."

And with that, he left me alone.

How dare he leave the door open? Such an inconsiderate idiot.

I walked back over to the door and gave it a light push. When I heard it fall close I walked into the bathroom and gulped down a painkiller with some water.

I needed to be careful with the pills since I didn't know when I could get new ones again. There's no way I'll survive a day without a painkiller and without the others noticing something's off.

Looking into my reflection while I bent down to take a sip of the water that was coming from the faucet, I noticed how pale my skin looked. I had bags under my eyes and the white hair on my head made me look like an old grandpa.

My eyes were a dark gray with light pink specks in them, but the dim light of the bathroom made them look plain gray and dead.

Shaking my head, I washed my face with cold water to freshen up and started to look around the room. The bathroom was normal sized and the floor had black and white tiles.

Although there were some wooden accents, the furniture was mostly white. I had both a bathtub and a shower, which was pretty cool in my eyes.

Walking back to the bedroom, I decided to check out the other room. Like I assumed it was just a big walk-in closet. When I checked out the closet I realized that those clothes were all meant for me because they were all my size.

While most clothes were formal looking with dress shirts and all that stuff there were also some oversized hoodies and sweatpants stuffed inside. At least I could throw on some comfortable stuff now.

I was still wearing my dirty clothes which consisted of a worn out jacket, a big brown t-shirt and some muddy jeans. Throwing off those disgusting racks and tossing them into the basket in the corner, I picked some black sweatpants and an oversized brown hoodie.

Then I walked through the closet doors back to the bathroom I had just been in a couple minutes ago. When I realized that at least the bathroom door had a lock with a key I let out a sigh of relief.

I wouldn't have been able to shower with a peaceful mind if the door was open.

Stripping myself until I was fully naked I stepped under the warm stream of water and closed my eyes.

I started humming to a calm tune that a very special person once taught me.

They said it would help me ease my mind if I ever didn't know what to do.

After I was done showering I dried myself off and threw on the clothes I had picked earlier. They were warm and fluffy, I already liked them. When I brushed my teeth I was met with my face yet again. Looking into my tired eyes I made my mind up. I was going to decide what to do in two days.

Maybe they weren't so bad after all. I really missed the comfort of a warm home and the care of others. But if living with them turns out to be hell I won't hesitate to leave this place behind.

Spitting out the mint flavored toothpaste I washed my face with cold water again.

I unlocked the door and stepped out of the bathroom. When I closed the door behind my back I saw a figure leaning in the doorway to the hallway.

"Do you like your new room? Rayi and Grimm picked the colors and decorated it for you," spoke the voice which turned out to be Rei's.

"It looks nice," I answered honestly.

"I'm glad you like it," he mumbled while looking me up and down. "I see you've found the clothes we put in the closet for you," he stated while smiling at me.

"Mhm," I hummed and continued "I was planning on catching up on some sleep now."

"Oh great! Let me tuck you in then," cheered the male in front of me.

I'd feel bad if I turned him down now. He looked so happy to have his little brother back.

Mumbling a few curses under my breath I walked over to the spacious bed with Rei following close behind.

Once I climbed under the covers he pulled them up to my chin and placed a small kiss on my hair before ruffling through it.

"I'm glad you're back, little prince," whispered my eldest brother.

I blushed at the old nickname and turned around so he wouldn't see my red face.

"Have a good night, Rei," I grumbled.

I heard him answer while laughing "You too, Faehr."

Once I was sure he closed the door behind him and left, I closed my eyes and let sleep overtake me. Little did I know that this wasn't going to be one of the peaceful nights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, my updating schedule is really messed up at the moment.

I decided to change Faer's name to Faehr since I looked up faer and it's some kind of german driving license agency. 

And to anybody who's wondering how you are supposed to pronounce this weird ass name, the ae is pronounced like the a in apple.