Part 4

When my eyes finally met the moon's bright lights I had to squint them shut tightly.

I felt myself being embraced into a brutally tight and warm hug. Being able to smell immediately that it belonged to Rei by the manly cologne I stiffened. He hadn't changed one bit.

It's not that I mind a big cuddly teddy bear, but if the horror doll from Annabelle was hugging you so tight you couldn't breathe, you wouldn't enjoy it either, trust me.

I was pulling my shirt back down ever so sneakily so nobody would notice my injuries and Alerus would leave me alone. Luckily my gesture went unnoticed. As Rei was slowly loosening his tight grip on me again I finally got to take a well deserved breath.

Slowly blinking my eyes I started to take in my surroundings. Rei's black hair still held that green shine to it and his yellow eyes still held the ability to pierce right through your soul if you let them. He was looking down at me while cradling me in his lap with such hopeful and happy eyes that I couldn't even form one single coherent thought. Was he really that devastated when I was gone? Now I felt kind of bad for leaving him in such a state.

As I let my gaze wander to the other guys I noticed Rosen's tear struck face. He looked like a hurt puppy who was wandering the streets when finally spotting their owner. His skin had gotten a little darker, but his light brown hair was still the same. Although the red eyes which used to always remind me of rubies didn't look as innocent and pure anymore, he was still the the Rosen I would always blame for any stealthy crimes I had committed, like climbing on the counters and stealing the cookie jar from the forbidden shelf or sneaking out at dawn to watch the sunlight disappear completely.

When my light pink eyes looked up to the slender but tall figure looming over me like a protective shield, I noticed that it was Grimm. His black hair that always had that purplish glow had fallen over his face as I saw his black eyes wide open. The cute beauty mark below his right eye was still there and I mentally let out a deep breath of relief. I don't know what it is about his beauty mark that gives me this sense of security but I missed it a lot to be completely honest.

But still, I was slightly confused as to why he seemed so shocked. Did he smell that anything was off? I swear his nose is from another world, literally. He used to be able to smell when I was about to become sick. I've always had my suspicions about him being a doggy. Like you know these dogs that are able to smell when you're about to have a panic attack or when you're about to have a diabetic attack or whatever it's called.

I noticed another shadow cowering down next to me and slowly realized that it was Rayi.

I could recognize his pitch black hair anywhere, but what was he doing here? He always seemed so distant and I thought that it was because he didn't like me but it didn't look like that at the moment. His mysterious brown eyes with those blue specks in them held such affection and relief in them that it was impossible for anybody to ever think that he might have not liked me at some point. He looked so happy, it was scary.

Suddenly I felt myself being lifted up. Wait, I thought Rei was loosening his grip on me?

"There's no way in hell we're ever going to let you go again like that. You're way too precious to be left alone."

He really couldn't have held me in a more uncomfortable position. My ribs felt like they were going to pierce through my already injured skin at any given moment.

We started to walk in the left direction of the way I had taken prior. As he readjusted me in his arms so that he was carrying me like a princess I took that moment to squirm in the unfamiliarly possessive grasp that I couldn't seem to escape from. At this action, Alerus, who was walking next to Rosen on the left side, shot a worried glance in my direction but didn't say anything to my relief.

Grimm had taken the place right next to me on the right and couldn't take his eyes off me. He looked very concentrated like he was trying to figure out what was wrong by looking through my skin or something like that. What a creep.

I couldn't really make Rayi's expression out since he was walking right next to Grimm on the right and half his figure was covered by Grimm's absolutely massive build.

"Hold on tight little one." I heard Rosen speak with a slight gleam of mischief in his voice as Rei squeezed me to make sure I took it seriously. Oh no, I know where this is going.

And to confirm my suspicions, everybody fastened their pace and we started running. I was already ready to throw up when we reached normal running speed.

Oh how I love being in someone's arms while they are running like 100 miles per hour.