NEW Part 42

Rosen’s POV

And with that, I went on my journey to find a big jar and to buy some cookies from the nearest human village. 

I had decided not to mention the fact that the old cookie jar was probably still somewhere in an older mansion or storage house of ours. But it’s not like he’s ever going to figure that out on his own either - I’m not going to tell him about this. I don’t want his pretty little head worrying about non-trivial stuff like that.

Running down the stairs in a hurry, I made up my plan B for when I don’t find any cookies or a jar in this mansion and even though it seemed rather simple at first, I knew that it was going to be harder than I thought in the end. I was just going to have to run to the nearest village and locate the nearest jar - let it be in a store or in a private house - I would buy it for any price. Then I would just have to buy some cookies. I don’t think the cookies will be an issue at all though.

As I reached the ground floor, I immediately sought out Grimm outside. And like always: I found him in our surprisingly well-kept garden. He was leaning on the trunk of a huge blossom tree that had just stopped blooming. 

“Hey! It’s an emergency, brother! Do we still have that old jar of cookies? Faer has requested that I sneak some up to him, but I’m not very confident that we still have it,” I exclaimed. He was smart, he would know for sure.

“That old stinky jar? Even if we still had it, wouldn’t the cookies be way too old? They would be way above 100 years old - I don’t reckon anyone would want to eat out of that jar ever again. Besides, I think we left it in the attic of our third residence,” He said calmly. It seemed as if nothing could disturb his moment of peace under the old cherry blossom tree. 

He hadn't even opened his eyes to look at me while he diminished all my hopes.

“Ah, crap. I’m gonna have to run to the next village then,” I cursed out. I really wanted to get this done quickly so Faer didn’t have to wait at all. 

But just as I had let my plan slip, Grimm suddenly sprung to life. His tired and calm eyes suddenly became awake as if he had just woken up and he stood up straight, looking me dead in the eye.

“Did you just say Faer?” He asked, jolting up with his eyes wide open.

“Did you even listen to me?” I sighed out, annoyed.

“I’ll get the cookies. You get the jar,” He stated determinedly.

“Geez, you’re always so bossy. Of course you assigned the jar to me. It’s going to be harder to get,” I muttered under my breath, but judging by the glare I received after that, it seems as if he still heard. Good.

“Do you want to run together?” I asked, looking him in the eyes.

He side-glanced at me, as he had already started to turn away. 

“Of course.”

And just like that, we ran through the woods at sonic speed. We were very powerful vampires, needless to say. And whenever it’s just us, we aren’t afraid of showing off our skills. We wouldn’t want to scare our poor Faer though, so showing off has been strictly forbidden lately. 

We reached the village within 5 minutes. It was a small settlement of people, but nonetheless, it had a store. But to be honest, I didn’t think it was worth looking for a jar there. The facility was very small. I probably had a much higher chance of finding one by sneaking into somebody’s house and grabbing myself one. Of course I’d leave some money for them behind - just so it can’t entirely be called theft. It was more like a trade.