Part 17

As I heard the footsteps draw closer to my location I began to grow nervous.

What if Rayi didn't decide to help me? What if I built my hopes up for nothing? Was it really Rayi coming up the stairs or was it one of my brothers?

My heart was hammering like crazy in my chest and sweat drops were forming on my forehead. I would be in so much trouble if Rayi brought me back to the castle-like mansion. Alerus would come to check on my condition and all my injuries would be revealed.

I would have to explain myself and the boys would become even more overprotective then hey already were.

Not to mention the punishment I'll be getting...

I was panting like a marathon runner at this point. It felt as though my throat was closing in on itself and my airways were being blocked by something.

Feeling helpless in my current condition I gripped onto my throat with my hands and started scratching at the soft skin.

What was I supposed to do if the Victorian styled building was going to be my home forever?

How could I escape in my condition? Was there even a way out of that situation?

For the first time that I can remember in my life I was completely clueless.

I had no idea.

Pressing myself further into the mattress below me I finally acknowledged the blanket that was draped over my small form and used it to hide myself under the covers.

I didn't want to stay here.

I couldn't stand this household and its weird rules!

Grimm is a psychotic asshole, Rei is an oversensitive clingy hulk, Alerus is strict as hell, Rosen is a two-faced childish creep and Rayi is just weird.

Life is hell with them!

I couldn't just stay here.

At some point through my panic attack somebody must've entered the room because next thing I know a bowl of soup fell to the ground and shattered followed by panicked mumbles and quick footsteps.

The covers were ripped away from me and someone was shaking me by my shoulders but my vision was too blurry for me to see who it was.

"...eathe Faer!" shouted a strong voice.

When I realized who the voice belonged to I calmed down a bit but I still couldn't fully calm down.

"Calm down Faer, just listen to my heartbeat," continued Rayi.

I was pulled into a hard chest with my ear pressed onto the warm fabric of his thin white shirt.

Following his instructions because I didn't want to embarrass myself any further I began to listen to his slightly fastened heartbeat.

I was trying my best to match my irregular breathing pattern with his beating heart but it wasn't really working as planned.

When Rayi realized that too he started to draw circles on my back with his big hands.

Taking this as an opportunity to distract myself from the situation I started to concentrate on the gentle movements on my backside.

After about 10 minutes of me calming down in Rayi's arms I started to wiggle a bit to get out of his grip.

I found our position very uncomfortable and wanted to escape it as soon as possible.

Only when Rayi tightened his grip on me did I realize that I was shaking like a leaf. I felt extremely intimidated by Rayi and to have him comforting me in his arms was an unusual sight.

"Shhh, it's alright little one..." whispered the scary man from above my head.

He was still patting me gently.

"W-where are am I?" I asked, looking up in his direction through my eyelashes.

Hearing a deep sigh I gulped down the lump that had formed in my throat a while ago. I was safe now, right? So why was I still acting so uncertain? I should be happy and grateful.

"You are safe, that's all you have to know..." whispered Rayi from above my head while blowing wind through my hair.

"Alright..."

I wasn't happy with his response but it would have to do for the time being. Though I really wanted to know where exactly I was located at the moment I bit my tongue and averted my gaze again to look straight ahead of me.

Coughing awkwardly, Rayi opened his mouth again.

"Anyways, how are you feeling? Are you in any pain? I gave you some painkillers to ease your discomfort but I wasn't sure how to dose them so I only got you one. Do you need any more? I can get them for you. Or do you perhaps want any food or-"

"It's alright, Rayi," I broke his rant and continued "I'm fine, I don't feel uncomfortable or anything. One pill should've been good enough," I lied straight through my teeth.

It'd be better if he didn't know anymore about my condition. The more he knows, the worse my situation would become.

Sighing, I wiggled a bit more in his arms to signal him to let go of me. This position wasn't only awkward but also painful for me since he was holding me pretty tightly and pressing down on some of my injuries.

"Right, I want you to lay down again so your body can continue healing,"

Laying me down on the bed, Rayi pulled the covers back over my shivering body.

"Alerus will return soon to treat your wounds correctly. Please just stay in bed until then, alright?"

What? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to make this a bit more unrealistic in terms of vampire stuff and have them have a beating heart and warm blood and everything so that it's easier to write scenes like this. I mean who would want to cuddle up in a cold, unmoving chest? Like, ew no.