Part 8

I decided to roll along with this thing and let my pants down just for the sound effects. Glancing at my still bruised thighs and looking back up again I started mumbling.

"Well it looks fine to me."

"What does it look like?"

"Uh, the skin got scraped off a bit, but there's no blood. It's a little red but that's all."

"How big is it?"

"The scratch is about the length of my pinkie finger, but it hurts when I walk because it rubs against my trousers."

I scratched my head, pleading he would understand what I was silently asking for.

"In that case, do you want some painkillers for it? I can also give you a bandage if that's alright with you."

"Painkillers are fine."

Hearing him rummaging through a drawer, I risked a quick peek through the curtains so that when it comes down to it, I know where to find the small handy pills. While trying to keep my excitement at bay, I tried to memorize the drawer they were in.

I can't believe this worked! It's just like when I tried to skip homeschooling one day by telling Grimm I was sick to my stomach and I had to use the bathroom a lot. He blushed furiously at that and I got to relax that day. They all left me alone and it felt like heaven.

By the time Alerus stepped up to the curtains I had pulled my pants back up and opened the curtains cautiously.

Alerus held a small box of what I assume to be painkillers in his hands and walked up to me.

"These should serve you well for a couple of days. Take one or two of them in the morning and you should be fine. Just ask me if you need anything, alright?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll make sure to remember that.", I mumbled as I took the small box of pills from his hands.

"Alright, I'll show you to your room now. I want you to go to bed soon so you can catch up on some well deserved sleep."

Nodding, I followed him back the painful walk down the stairs to the first floor.

As we passed the ancient looking paintings of middle aged men who used to live here a long time ago, I failed to catch a glimpse of their initials or names. I'll have to check on them later sometime I guess. But they all held this mean, uninviting gaze and I wasn't really interested in becoming friends with any of them.

We walked straight ahead into a long corridor with a lot of doors which probably led to the bedrooms of everybody here. I wonder what they look like.

Will they be modernly furnished like the kitchen or will they be holding this old victorian vibe to them? Or perhaps even both? I had no idea.

We walked down the hallway until we reached a door at the far end of the corridor, with only one other door separating the room we were about to walk in from the dead end. I wonder what's in the room next to me. Maybe it's another bedroom or some kind of storage room.

Alerus opened the wooden door with a short creek and we stepped inside. I saw some weird small black thing sticking to the wall right next to the door out of the corner of my eyes before we set foot into the room. But maybe I'm just imagining things.

The room was spacious and the ground was made out of some light wood, but most of it was covered with an old yellow and green carpet. The walls were light pastel green which went along just fine with the dark-wooded bed and the dark green bed sheets.

There were two other doors in my new room and I assumed they led to a bathroom and a dressing room.

I gaped at this sight and slowly turned around to meet Alerus' hopeful looking eyes.

"Do you like it?", he asked with a little bit of hesitation.

"Like it? I love it! There's so much space and room left to decorate, it's amazing."

I was completely flabbergasted at the fact that I could have this room all to myself. I shot a quick glance over my shoulder to see that the door had a lock, but no keys. And there I thought this could be a breaking point for our relationship, but if I don't even have a key for this room so I could lock myself in here whenever I don't feel great, I won't have enough privacy to feel somewhat comfortable in this strange place.

Some things are going to have to change or I'll take care of them myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter was a little too short but I try to update this story as often as possible.

Thank you for sticking around to this point.