Part 6

I changed Atin's name to Alerus because Atin sounds kind of weird to me :')

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it was Grimm who took the lead as he pushed the doors open with his gloved hand and held it open for everybody to step inside. 

Atleast Grimm kept his good manners while I was gone.

 As we stepped inside the cold castle I started to shiver immediately.

I hated the cold. Even though it was midsummer it was still too cold for my liking.

But dang, this place was fine as hell. There was a big staircase that split in two, leading up to each side of the first floor. You could even see the ceiling of the second floor from down here!

Why didn't I know about this place? It's incredible!

The colors were also quite calming. The walls were a brownish gray while the texture of the brick stones was still noticeable. Not to mention all the support columns which gave off those mysterious Harry Potter vibes. 

I felt like I was in Hogwarts, it wouldn't even surprise me if one of the paintings started speaking to me. Wait, hold on. Paintings?

There was an entire wall of paintings on the first floor, it went along the hallway the staircase was at and you could see it from the entrance hall, in which we were currently standing in.

But those paintings...

They must be from our ancestors or some other important people who have resided in here at some point. I made a mental note to check them out later when I get the chance.

But for now I had to follow everybody around like a lost puppy because I had no idea how big this place was and where they were leading me right now. 

We took a left turn and entered a short hallway, and to my suprise, the smell of some kind of soup entered my nostrils. Food...

I was starving and every fiber of my body prayed to have, whatever soup it was, placed in a bowl in front of me. 

My mouth started watering the closer we got to the source of the smell and now that we got closer, I was able to spot which room it was coming out of.

Well, it was a kitchen, obviously, but dang, it was one hell of a kitchen. 

As we stepped foot into my new favorite room, the first thing that I noticed was how modern it was. It wasn't that modern, but compared to the rest of the castle, this room was like an escape from the bitter reality. 

The main theme of the kitchen was wooden brown. All the cabinets and counters matched with the dark chestnut tone. There were some black specks here and there, but all in all, I felt like I was back in a late autumn forest where all the green colors of the leaves had been drained by the cold breeze and the snow had yet to fall.

We definitely need some potted plants in here.

Returning back to my previous thoughts, I spotted the steaming pot of soup on the kitchen island. With a watering mouth I waited for one of them to start talking, and as if my prayers had been heard, Alerus pushed past Rayi, grabbed a spoon from the counter and started shoveling the soup onto plates. He turned his head to us and started talking.

"You guys can already take a seat in the dining room, I'll be there in a second,"

And with that, Rei took my hand again and we walked over to a room next to the kitchen.

The dining room was very spacious and the table was incredibly huge. It was very long so I started to speak my thoughts out loud.

"How are we supposed to converse at a table like that? Why does it have to be so huge if we're only 6 people?" It's not like I'm complaining, I'd like to sit as far away from them as possible, but it's still a little weird to me as to why they'd keep such a table.

"It was already here when we first moved in here, and besides, we thought you'd like to have a little more space for yourself," Rei answered my question with a content sounding voice.

Maybe they did change a bit, maybe I just overreacted mentally, but something about his voice told me there was more to it. I just dropped the subject and let myself fall into the chair that Rei had just pulled out for me.

"So, Faer, as you might have guessed already, we need to discuss a few matters with you," Grimm started the dreaded talk I was about to receive.

"We know that things had been hard for you before you left us and I fully understand why you did it, but I think it's in everybody's best interest to keep a close eye on you,", he spoke.

At that, Rosen cleared his throat.

"What he meant to say was that we aren't going to control every move you make like we did a long time ago. But regarding the state you're in, mentally and physically, we still need to treat you with extra care."

I let out a deep sigh, I knew this was coming. They would never change completely.

Alerus entered the room with all the plates and bowls with soup balanced on his arm.

Woah this dude is seriously talented! Why didn't he become a waiter?

He served everyone and started talking.

"You seem to have hurt yourself a little back there and considering your healing abilities, it's going to take a while to heal. I'll check on your possible wounds after dinner."

After he took a seat himself and I gulped down the big lump in my throat, he continued.

"And regarding your mental state, we are well aware of the fact that you don't trust us and that you might try to run away. So it should be understandable for you that we'll be a little cautious."

Oh, I know where this is going...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry  I didn't update for a couple of days, I'll try to pick up the pace again.

Thank you for reading this shitty story btw