Part 13

With a sinister smile on my face I watched as Grimm gulped down a lump in his throat while Rosen shot him an annoyed glare.

Grimm definitely didn't plan his answer through and now he had to deal with the consequences.

When I looked expectantly over to the two of them, Rosen flicked Grimm's head and spoke as he got up from my bed.

"I'm sure Grimm would love to take you out. I'll be in the kitchen preparing breakfast if you need anything,"

And with that, he left the room.

As soon as he stepped out of the door, Grimm spoke up.

"Well, I need to sort something out before we go, so feel free to take your time as you get ready."

And just like that, he hurried out of the room too.

Wow, what an idiot. But his idiocy could help me out at plotting my escape. I still wasn't quite sure whether I should stay or run again, but if I wanted to run then I'd need to plan it very carefully.

There was a very low chance of me making it out of this place without planning a thorough escape plan because of the guards.

I didn't know where they were all stationed, but I still had some hope left that the ones at the entrance gate were the only guards around. They didn't seem to have any servants to snitch on me either, so with a good plan and some luck I could sneak out of here easily.

With new hope and determination, I walked over into my new walk-in closet and rummaged through the shelves until I found a comfortable pair of black pants and an oversized beige hoodie to match the messy white ball of hair on my head. Ugh, I was going to have to brush it.

Snatching up two random mismatched socks, I made my way to the bathroom and plopped down on the closed toilet lid to stripe them on.

When I got up and looked through the drawers below the sink to find a hairbrush, I found around ten different bottles of shampoo and some other bottles with mysterious contents that I didn't know even existed.

Wow, someone must've really made an effort to buy the right products for me to use.

They must have some servants here, who else would put so much thought into irrelevant stuff like this otherwise?

I finally managed to find a small brush underneath all the beauty and care products and started pulling at my hair with it.

See, this is why I hated to brush my hair. No matter how hard I tried to be gentle, it still hurt like a bitch. It felt like I was pulling out half of my hair, but I couldn't stop now and risk going out with such wild looking hair.

It's not like my hair is extremely long or anything, it just got tangled up so very easily that I had to brush it at least two times a day to keep it manageable. But there was nothing I could do after I had slept through the day other than rip furiously at my hair with the brush. It was a hopeless scenario if you tried to go through it in a gentle manner.

Just as I was about to throw the brush through the room, there was a knock on the door.

"I'm almost done, just one more second!" I yelled through the door.

When I heard somebody come in, I sighed and tried to tame the mop on my head even more desperately. No matter how hard I tried, the brush just wouldn't go through it.

When I saw a familiar black/dark purple-haired figure standing in the door frame, I gave up and just put the brush down, resigned to my fate.

When Grimm saw this, he quickly walked over to where I was and picked up the brush.

With a confused look in my eyes, I watched him as he crouched down to my height and started brushing my hair with it gently.

"Geez, what did you do tonight to get your hair this tangled up?" asked the male with a concentrated voice.

"I... I slept?" I stuttered with a questioning undertone.

I was in a very embarrassing situation right now and to top that off, I was completely shocked to have him brush my hair.

Since when was he so gentle? It didn't even hurt at all.

I didn't know he cared enough to brush my hair, but it seems like I underestimated him greatly.

After only a minute of him slowly working through my hair and me almost falling asleep, it seemed like he was done and the incredibly comfortable feeling of the brush massaging my scalp went away.

I whined internally and pouted slightly.

When Grimm saw this, he chuckled quietly and spoke up.

"I can brush your hair more often if you want me to, I don't mind,"

Hearing this, I perked up and quickly nodded my head. Grimm could be the solution to my hair problem.

He smiled softly at my positive answer, put the brush down and motioned for me to follow him with his hand.

Suddenly remembering my initial intentions about the garden visit I grimaced slightly. I felt bad, but it had to be done and it's not like he would notice me looking for the best escape routes either, so I shouldn't feel like this.

When I sprung up from the closed toilet lid, I followed him down the stairs and through the entrance door to the front gardens.

When I saw that he was going towards the big maze I couldn't help but frown.

As we neared the entrance, he turned his face towards me and spoke walking backwards.

"How about we play a game?"