Part 25

Peeking up at Grimm through my eyelashes and throwing on that puppy look of mine which I had practiced to perfection a couple years ago, I noticed Grimm's and the others expressions soften a tad bit, but it still didn't look as though this helped me much.

"Look, Faer. We are on your side. We aren't trying to make your life as unpleasant for you as possible, but as safe as possible. I hope you understand our point in this," spoke Rosen, folding his slightly trembling hands in front of his chest.

I already knew what they were on about a long time ago and I understand their point of view, but it was quite obvious to normal thinking people that their tactics were very wrong.

So I did the only thing that seemed logical now: Speak my mind. Somebody has to say it at some point and maybe they'd understand a little more of how normal people think and act.

"I understand where you guys are coming from, but the way you try to," I put my hands up to make quotation marks with my fingers, "protect me, is just plain wrong. You can't force a person to stay with you if they don't want to, you know? In fact, it's illegal," I stated simply.

At this, I heard chuckling from around me.

"You're cute when you get angry," Rei said. "But I'm afraid you don't have a say in anything here. You do what you're told, and if you don't, we make you do what you're told," he continued with a smile on his face.

I gaped at him with a slightly open mouth. They weren't even trying to listen to me or to hide their sick and twisted views.

"Yeah, but you see, that's the issue. Try using just a little less force, alright?" I tried to argue my point while chewing the insides of my cheek in anticipation.

I was scared that this would turn into a full blown argument. That wouldn't be very smart at this point, because I was outnumbered by 4 if you counted Rayi. But Rayi was just standing in the back, his hands balled into fists and trembling slightly. A dark shadow hid his face as he was looking down at the ground. He was such a weird person and the little time we spent together recently only confirmed this.

At my words, Rei's smile fell. The temperature seemed to drop by at least 20 degrees within a second and I was greeted with a cold, emotionless gaze.

Advancing towards the bed I lay on, his eyes shifted to the ground and he folded his hands behind his back. When he reached the side of my bed, he looked back up into my eyes and my breath hitched.

His yellow eyes had darkened and a little bit of red swiveled in them. I was seriously scared at this point, and quickly shut my mouth.

I had gone too far.

"Lift your god damn shirt, Faer," he boomed menacingly.

Gulping down a large lump in my throat, I looked down upon my maroon hoodie. It was warm and cozy. I didn't want to take it off. It was what protected me from them.

But I had to lift it up for them, so they could look at my exposed wounds.

Sensing my hesitation, I saw movements from out of the corner of my eyes, but they were too fast and before I knew what was happening, a heavy body was on top of mine and pushed me into the pillow. They restrained my hands above my head and secured my legs with the weight of theirs.

Whoever this was, had been able to restrict all of my body parts within a second. I didn't even have time to react.

Grunting at the heavy weight that pressed down me into the mattress and restricted any movement of mine, I looked at the culprit's face.

Of course, it was Rosen. He was breathing heavily with suppressed emotions and boring his eyes into mine with determination.

But my eyes didn't linger long on his face. From the corner of my right eye, I saw Alerus advancing towards us with quick steps.

My breathing picked up its pace and it was suddenly hard to breathe.

Oh please don't, I don't want to have a panic attack in front of them.

As Alerus stripped on turquoise medical gloves and neared the bed frame, Rosen lifted his torso up from mine for Alerus to reach. Of course I began to squirm immediately in discomfort, but Alerus reacted on time and stilled my movements with his hands before I could wriggle out of my position.

Taking one hand off my abdomen, he used it to grip at the hems of my sweater and pulled it up painfully slowly.

Under all the pressure, my breaths had turned into shallow light pants and small sweat drops formed on my forehead.

I tilted my head a bit to see what exactly Alerus was doing.

When the warm sweater had been lifted up to my chest, a large, red bandage was revealed. Now that I looked at it, I noticed how worn down it looked and the thought occurred that I really should have changed it, instead of leaving it on in the shower. But I didn't have any more bandages with me and I most certainly couldn't have asked any of the others for some.

I heard Alerus draw in a sharp breath as he took the sight in and with a quick look at my face, he went on to pick the scissors from earlier up.

I watched him cut the makeshift knot which I had made to tie the bandages and bit my bottom lip.

He lifted my torso with his other hand and with quick skillful hands, he started to unravel the white fabric.

With my eyes wide open, I watched horrified as he started to reveal the horror that lay beneath the bandages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New updating schedule: Every week on Thursday or Friday in regular school weeks