Reflections

❦ bonus chapter ig???
btw i live for this song.

Where have you been?Do you know when you're coming back?'Cause since you've been goneI've got along but I've been sad

Do you know when you're coming back?
'Cause since you've been gone
I've got along but I've been sad

Ashtray's pov*

Y/n. Yes y/n was my ex girlfriend.
Where has she been? When is she coming? These questions weren't leaving my head back then, but i knew I couldn't answer those questions so there was no point. I was miserable when we broke up, since she has been gone, i have got along but i have been sad.

I tried to put it out for you to get
Could've, should've but you never did
Wish you wanted it a little bit
More but it's a chore for you to give

I tried to reach out for her but, apparently there was no point again. We could have had it but she has moved on. I wish she wanted our relationship to be back just like i did, but i guess it was never like that.
We broke up a year ago and she moved on, i can't blame her, can i? We broke up because she moved away and let's just day, it was not the best for us.

Where have you been?
Do you know if you're coming back?

Dang, when I remember how much tears i have wasted for her, i keep reminding myself that she is better without me and i am quite better without her? Yeah well, I couldn't say that back then. She was my everything, and it hurt, hurt, hurt and hurt, until eventually it didn't. That's our life, full of heartbreaks and roller-coasters. I was not strong enough a year ago, i laughed at those people who said that heartbreak was the only thing that hurt so much, but when i tell you i heard my heart crack in the silence.
Maybe i was meant to be watching her with other guy from very far away, she is happier this way. Yeah ashtray remember back then what you were telling her, if she is happy you are happy too, no matter what.

We were too close to the stars
I never knew somebody like you, somebody
Falling just as hard
I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)
I see my reflection in your eyes

Yes, we were too close to the stars, i never knew somebody like her. Somebody as smart as her, as gorgeous as her, as gracious as her.
I saw my reflection in her eyes, they were watery when she left, when she left she brought the piece of my heart with her.

I tried to put it out for you to get
Could've, should've but you never did
Wish you wanted in a little bit
More but it's a chore for you to give

I literally tried so hard to win her back but, I don't want to push her. She will be with who she wants to be. I can't let myself go insane and out of control for her anymore. It is different. She is not mine anymore. I was sort of attached to her but now i am not. I used to stalk her account but I didn't realize it hurt me more and more. When I couldn't do it anymore i deleted instagram and everything. I even removed her from contacts.
I wanted her to get out of my head, leave me for god's sake, but when I couldn't leave her, i forced myself to do it. We could have had it, but we have nothing now.
I don't know if she even asked how i was because I don't have instagram anymore.
I guess life changes, also has impact on you. The biggest one actually, but you will do it, just like i got over my favorite person, y/n.

My heart wants to be with her, and is with her,
but brain, brain wants to remove her from every of my memory.

Narrator**

Little did ashtray know, y/n reached out for him. After he deleted every kind of social media and decided to remove y/n from everything including his brain.
We all know he couldn't do it fully. Well no one can do it fully. There is a memory of him and y/n in the bottle, buried in his heart, very very deeply.

3/3/2022

Y/n: hi ashtray, how are you? I know it has been a long and it is so creepy from me to say this but, I miss you..

4/3/2022

Y/n: ashtray
Y/n: ash..
Y/n: ashtray whenever you see this, i broke up with my boyfriend and i will be back at my home. I am glad i am coming back! And I won't ever ever leave. I don't know if you want to see me, probably not? So I won't bother you. If you ever want to meet text me. I love you..

Narrator**

It is now 6/9/2022 and ashtray has just downloaded instagram. He logged in his account and saw the messages.. his heart was burning, his vision was getting blurry. What was he going to do. She was back. She was finally back. All the memories started to flood in his brain. She lived in front of him. He slid the curtains and saw her. No no no he thought, this couldn't be happening. But it was. It was happening ashtray. Believe it or not it was happening.
Were they going to make up?

I guess we will never know.

We were too close to the stars
I never knew somebody like you, somebody
Falling just as hard
I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)
I see my reflection in your eyes (tell me you see it too)