...complete half of your deen...

I rubbed my neck adjusting my headscarf In my office as I was signing papers which needed to be approved by me.

"Who knew signing papers could be so stressful",I murmured to myself yawning

It wouldn't have been stressful if not cause freaking 6 hours of sleep wasn't enough for you since you didn't listen to me and kept on watching football yesterday.

'I needed to see if Liverpool won and it was worth it cause they did win', I said defending myself.

Well now, you are tired while they are probably celebrating.

'C'mon negi help me out here'.

Don't drag me in this, I suggested you stay and you stayed I didn't force you.

See this is how the devil works, you wouldn't have even prayed if you didn't buy yourself a sense last night and listened to me.

'ugh!, Gosh, I know, i know, and that's why I love you posi'.

Hey what about me. Negi whined.

'you my dear, are a distraction nobody wanted, so clear'. I dusted posi and negi off my shoulders as I heard a knock.

I cleared my throat,"come in", I said as I faced the papers trying to focus.

Sophia then opened the door first peeping in then entering fully,"Someone's here to see you".

I scrunched my face up,"who?".

"Uhhhh, she called herself Aurora", I smiled remembering she called to meet today.

"Oh let her in". Sophia went out and then came in Aurora.

"Salamualaykum dear", she beamed while I stood up answering her.

"Walaykum Salam mum",I guided her to the couch in my office and we both sat down.

"How have you been, my dear".

"You know me, always good".

"How about the dates, interested in anyone.?", She looked at me teasingly, while I burst out laughing.

"They survived, hahahaha, not that they are not nice cause they are, but I don't have time for love and marriage right now, I have a lot on my plate", I say whipping my tears produced from serious laughing.

While she just smiled,"my dear I know this, you said you don't have time for marriage but don't you know that's the only way to complete half of your Deen", I started to shift uncomfortably on the couch as my smile had evaporated."I want to introduce you to someone".

I immediately stood up from my sit,"I'm sorry mom but I'm not interested". She stood up with me, looking at my face while I tried to avoid eye contact

"Don't worry it's not a stranger, it's my son".

"Mom I'm sorry but that's the more I don't want this I'm afraid I won't be able to show him, what you want me to", I said tears already stinging my eyes.

"It's always like that at first since it's could be an arranged marriage, but it will be fine when you start to know each other, besides I just want you guys to get to know each other first, that's all".