Honeymoon 1#

Here I was re-living those painful times were I waited.

This was not supposed to affect me.

Why the hell would this have an effect on me?!.

It was a contract!. nothing was supposed to be done as a couple.

But there I was thinking he'd come, that we'd come here together even if there was nothing at all between us except this contracted marriage.

I do believe the only reason this took a toll on me was cause of those times when my mom told me he was just going for a business in another country and told me her tears was of joy.

I knew it wasn't, for I had already known the reason for his departure.

But I don't know...maybe it was that tiny ray of light which I thought will be me.

Maybe he'd come back and make things right with her mom for her.

Maybe he'd see that he loved his daughter so so much he couldn't leave her and just come back for her to be happy.

Hell!, Maybe he'd come back and put his bl**dy ego aside for his daughter to grow up in a complete home!!

I'd see my mom silently crying in the kitchen, stories you'd here about being college sweethearts won't make you believe this is how they ended up.

But it's life, not a fictional book of imaginations, it all doesn't have an happy ending, but all we wish is for our happy end to be Jannah(paradise), insha'Allah (if Allah will).

I waited and waited, having it at the back of my mind at that time.

He'd come back, I'm sure, and buy me the motorbike he promised her. I always had a smile on her face when i thought about it.

Yh, ok, he has someone else, but I'm sure he'll see that no one can love him like she and her mom do.

When he comes with his out asking for a hug, apologizing , they'll jump in his arms and forgive him.

But all i got was disappointment, all this thoughts i had, no one knew of, even my mom, i never told her best-friend either but my bestie was always there for me no matter what.

At times I started to look in the mirror, what was it?, Why didn't he come back?.

Was I ugly?. I wasn't all that, but I guess I was a little, right?

Oh yh, I was an average student of course he won't come back. I started to read a lot in college, it took a toll on my health though, but who cared?, Not me!. As long as this would make him come back...hopefully.

And now that I'm even successful he hadn't come back.

I didn't know how I magically expected him to know about my success cause I haven't announced me being the owner of MMD.

But I guess when you becomes desperate you lose all logical reasoning.

I heard the door to the suite room close bringing me out of my state, I didn't even realise I had already soaked the luxurious pillow and a little of my hijab and collar.

I unknowingly sniffed a little too loud and wiped my tears off, good thing I wasn't facing the room door but opposite.

I heard the room door close,"We'd have to share a room cause my mom had already booked a room for us, If I try getting another one, the manager will inform her about it". His thick English voice boomed.

"Ok", was all I had to say, and I hated how my voice came out weak. I was scared of saying something I'd regret.

Zachariah's POV.