Of Gods And Men

When the time of the Shattering dissipated and the Age of Stars took over, the time of Gold was left in the ashes. All had been left behind, instead welcoming the Night and the chill of the Full Moon. Of course, all had become shrouded in eternal Night, all but one singular place.

Another Empyrean had been left behind, imprisoned dormant in an egg. He had no churches to his name, no one to be his Shadow. He'd been left much like the Golden Order had intended for him. He, like another, had been cursed to dormancy, but eternal youth did not mark his affliction.

This forgotten child had been cursed as a new vessel for a Reborn Order, unknown to even the Powers That Be. Forever suspended in this egg, an amber pedestal upon which it rests in a temple built by none of remembrance, he waits for a millenium.

In fact, six millenia pass for this new Vessel.

His temple had grown over; large blooms of peach, yellow and white flowers suspend themselves in their trees, petals raining down upon the temple with the simplest blow of the chill wind.

A single ray of light shines upon this cursed child's egg, the single ray of light in an age of Darkness.

-------

Those at the far end of the realm had been referring to the Cursed Child's home as the Blooming Temple for at least two millenia. It had been a beam of light in Darkness, the only reason those who live near it still have their eyesight.

Since the Age of Stars, people have quickly evolved with no need for eyes; what use are they when there is nothing but Starlight? The need for eyes was long gone, along with Order.

Jung Hoseok, however, was the only one in his village born with eyes. His eyes, large and amber, took in the eternal Night around him at all times. He saw the corruption of free will and no order tearing the lands apart.

People referenced him as the one cursed with Sight, and the more he saw, the more he believed it.

The Inner Light was not a guiding tool that everyone thought it was. Like most things, it was leading towards a destructive end.

All his life, he eyed the light towards the east, the single ray of light that led to a place he didn't know about. He just knew that he needed to be there; some way, somehow, he needed to be there. There was something waiting for him.

At the prime age of twenty, Hoseok began his journey towards the east.

He brought with him nothing but whatever rations his horse could carry. She was a big, cold-blooded horse, the family workhorse. He wore his gold-plated armor at all times. It kept him from the chill night air, as well as from the potential sight of those like him.

And there were people like him, for the Order made it so. As of now, the one who would be to conquer this land and bring forth the Reborn Order was but a baby, locked away in a basement due to his large, round amber eyes.

Time passed slowly for Hoseok, his own amber eyes never leaving the eastern horizon, where the one ray of light met the world. He would get there in time, but he quickly remembered that in an Age of Stars, there is no true time passage, not really.

-------

"You've been Gifted."

Hoseok shot his head to his right, finding a young girl sitting next to him. She had a cloth around her eyes, blood drying down her cheeks and neck from her empty sockets. She smiled, showing perfect teeth. "Your Sight is a gift, you know. The amber hue is unnatural; not even in the time of Gold did it occur."