We'll Keep You Safe (VHope/TaeSeokMinKook)

"Daddy!" Jungkook squealed as he jumped on Taehyung, who almost cursed as he was rudely awakened. He pulled the little boy over his side, careful to not hurt Jimin, who was nestled against his chest. Jimin had really horrible nightmares, so he usually ended up in Taehyung's bed. "Kookie, Chim's sleeping. Be quiet, okay?" the new father grumbled. Jungkook whined and gave him his best pouty bunny face. "Hungry," he whispered and Taehyung regretfully rolled out of bed, leaving Jimin to sleep some more. He held Jungkook's hand as they made their way through the hall and down the stairs.

This has been their routine for almost four months now. Jungkook would wake Taehyung up so he could make breakfast, then Jimin would wake up and eat, then they'd get ready for the day. Taehyung pushed his glasses up on his nose as Jungkook begged him politely to make waffles. He set to work mixing the batter while Jungkook sat on the counter and watched him. "Daddy, thank you," he said and the sleepy college student sent him a thoughtful smile as he poured the batter into the waffle maker. "You're welcome, Kookie. Jiminie will want fruit instead though." He mumbled the last part to himself as he ran a hand through his youngest kid's messy brown hair, attempting to somewhat tame it. Jungkook simply closed his eyes and held his daddy's pajama shirt.

Around two in the afternoon, Taehyung sat in the living room, playing with the flashcards he bought a few months back for the boys. They helped them learn before Jimin started preschool next fall and Jungkook would start two years from now - which would be paid for by Taehyung's mother, of course.

Jimin was perfectly happy sitting in his daddy'd lap as he stared at the flashcard in his hand. It was blue and had a picture of the beach on it. "Ocean," he said and Taehyung smiled brightly as he nodded. "Yes, Jiminie! Good job! And this one?" He held up the next card, which had a horse-looking animal on it, except it also looked like a donkey and had black and white stripes. Jimin stared really hard at it, eyes narrowed in thought as he tried to remember what it was. He had seen it before. "Um... Horsey?" he tried, but Taehyung shook his head. "No, Angel. You know what it is. We watched them on Animal Planet the other night," he said calmly, then the little boy remembered. "Zebra!" he cheered and Taehyung nodded.

Jungkook was curled up on the other side of the corner-couch, holding tight to the stuffed dog in his hand that Hoseok had sent about a week after Taehyung told him about the boys. As Taehyung watched the little boy sleep while Jimin went over his cards again, he couldn't help remember that awful night.

Hoseok was less than thrilled. He was pissed at Taehyung for taking on such a huge responsibility when they couldn't even take care of themselves correctly. No matter how angry and loud Hoseok became the more Taehyung explained, Taehyung couldn't yell back. One, because the boys were fast asleep on his chest and two, because he could never yell at his boyfriend. His sweet, caring, sunny boyfriend who was out chasing his wildest dreams while Taehyung was working on his degree in early childhood education.

That night was their first actual fight. And it was even worse than a normal couple's fight because Hoseok was video chatting him from America. It wasn't like they could hug it out. But what hurt the most was that Hoseok threatened to leave him. That made Taehyung cry. But he finally made his boyfriend understand that he was all the boys had and that he wouldn't give them up for the world. He wouldn't give Hoseok up, either.

So Hoseok sent him a care package of some clothes and toys he thought the boys would like, as well as a few of his shirts for Taehyung because he knew how much he missed Hoseok's calming scent. Taehyung seriously couldn't believe how god could have sent him such a wonderful boyfriend like Hoseok.

"Daddy, this is a peach, right?" Jimin asked as he held up the flashcard with a peach on it. Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts and smiled down at the little boy as he nodded. "Yes. And what's so special about peaches to me?" he asked. Jimin thought for a while, then he smiled. "Because you call Hobi that."

Yes, Hoseok had met the boys via video chat and they both grew to really like him and vise versa. It made Taehyung's heart flutter every time he watched them interact with each other. He hummed and ruffled Jimin's hair. "Yeah. I do. And you're my baby peach." Jimin smiled up at his daddy and pointed to Jungkook. "And Kookie's your baby bunny."

The front door opened, revealing a tired-looking Hoseok and a grinning Min Yoongi. Taehyung nearly screamed when he saw his boyfriend; placing Jimin on the couch as he shot up and let Hoseok fall into his awaiting arms. "Hobi! I love you so much! Oh my gosh!" he sobbed as he held his boyfriend tight. "I love you more, Tae-Baby. I missed you," came a muffled reply from Hoseok, who repeatedly kissed Taehyung's neck and cheek.

Yoongi walked over to the couch and picked up Jimin, who was making grabby hands for him. "Suga, who's that?" the toddler asked quietly as Yoongi placed a kiss on his chubby cheek. "That's your daddy's boyfriend. You've met Hobi, right?" Yoongi replied as they walked back over to the reunited couple. Jimin nodded and rested his head on Yoongi's shoulder. "Yeah. I like him."

Hoseok looked over his boyfriend's shoulder and smiled when he locked eyes with Jimin, who stared at him curiously from his best friend's arms. "Hi, Jiminie," he said quietly and Jimin shyly waved at him before burying his face in Yoongi's neck. Taehyung giggled and ran his hand through his boyfriend's hair. "He's shy. Kookie's napping. You need to get some rest, peach," he said as he sat Hoseok down on the couch, then looking to Yoongi.

"Thanks for bringing him, hyung," he said quietly and Yoongi only shrugged. "I needed an excuse to see my Min Jimin," he replied, smiling his huge gummy smile when the little boy in his arms held onto him tighter. Taehyung glared at him and crossed his arms. "Don't you dare call him that. I'll never let my baby peach marry you," he growled and Yoongi laughed. "Calm down, Tae. Bye, baby. I love you." He cooed the last part to Jimin, who gave him a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "I love you too, Suga."

The day went by slowly after Hoseok showered, threw on some of his boyfriend's clothes and ate a late lunch. He mainly entertained the kids while Taehyung did a little bit of school work. "So, TaeTae. You adopted them?" he asked quietly as he watched Jungkook and Jimin color at the coffee table. Taehyung nodded, not looking up from his laptop. "Yeah, I did. They're officially my children and they have my family name. I love them, hyung. These past few months have been amazing."

Hoseok hummed and kissed his boyfriend's cheek, rubbing the area with his finger afterwards. "You seem to be doing good. Where do they sleep?" he mumbled. "I had to convert my office into their room. But it's really more like Jungkook's room. Jimin gets nightmares and usually ends up sleeping with me. He sleeps on your side of the bed, so don't be alarmed if he wakes you up tonight," Taehyung replied softly, leaning into his boyfriend's touch.

They were quiet for a while and simply enjoyed each other's company, the sound of the boys asking each other for different Crayons the only thing disturbing the peace, as well as Taehyung's fingers on the keyboard. The older man rested his head on the younger man's shoulder with a sigh. "We'll be the best parents they deserve. I just know it because you're already doing a good job," he mumbled and Taehyung chuckled. "Don't you dare spoil them. I don't want spoiled brats. I already have you," he jested, earning a playful bite to his shoulder.

"I'll spoil them all I want," Hoseok said jokingly, kissing the place he bit Taehyung as an apology. "I'll make sure you won't," was the reply. "I know, Tae-Baby. But what I also know is that we'll keep them safe. Together."