Whatever Gets You Thru The Night

[2013]

Taehyung lay in bed, curled up in the fetal position as he clutched his comforter tight in his hands. He finally debuted as a member of BTS last week, and the media and fans were all over him. 

If he wanted to answer honestly, he didn't like all the attention. He preferred watching the other members film their videos, staying as a hidden member, while everyone else soaked up the attention. He didn't want to be put on the spot, not at all. 

It was all so damn scary in his seventeen-year-old mind. 

He felt so weak, though, because Jungkook was handling everything so much better than Taehyung was. Jungkook didn't complain, didn't get shy every time he saw a camera, and he was only a baby. He was fifteen, about to be sixteen! What was Taehyung's excuse? 

Before he could stop himself, Taehyung began to cry. He buried his face in his comforter as he sobbed silently to himself, hoping he wouldn't wake up the two other members who shared the room with him. 

Jimin was snoring quietly, the covers tangled around his body from tossing around so much; he was a restless sleeper. Hoseok was starfished out on his bed, hands falling away from his chest where he had been rubbing it, easing himself into sleep. His mouth was slightly open, but not like Jimin's, who probably would end up breathing in a fly if he wasn't careful.

Still, the slightly-older boy's snores provided a rather peaceful ambiance in the cramped bedroom, masking Taehyung's mental breakdown. 

Even though he was very aware of the presence of the two boys, Taehyung still felt very alone. He felt like he was the only one in the world, wanting nothing more than to go back home to his family. There was no comfort in the fact that the other six boys were just as scared, just as stressed out as he was. They could handle it all much better than he could. 

While he cried hard into his comforter, Hoseok had woken up with a start. He experienced a rather strange dream, so he woke up in order to not continue it. A sleepy frown crossed his face as he heard sobbing over Jimin's snores. 

Even in the haze of half-consciousness, Hoseok understood that someone - once he was a little more awake, he realized it was Taehyung - needed some bit of comfort. During trainee days, he had developed almost like a second sense - all of the hyungs did - for whenever the younger boys were upset. 

That sense caused him to throw his covers off of his body, stretching a little as he planted his feet on the floor, and make his way to Taehyung's bed. 

His heart dropped as he saw the state the younger boy was in. Taehyung's entire body was trembling, shoulders shaking with every sob that left his lips and blocked off his throat. From what Hoseok could see of Taehyung's face, the boy's tears cascaded down his chubby cheeks, lilac-ish hair hiding his tightly-shut eyes. 

Very carefully, Hoseok lifted up the covers and slipped into bed right behind the younger boy, causing him to flinch and hold his breath. "Easy, TaeTae. It's just me," he whispered, leaning over to remove the comforter out of Taehyung's face, his hand then drifting up to brush his fringe out of his eyes. 

"H-hyung," Taehyung whimpered, his eyes wide and so, so relieved as he gazed up at one of his favorite people on the planet. He really took a liking towards Hoseok, especially after the episode where the older boy tried to leave the group, but quickly came back. Deep down, he never wanted him to leave ever again. 

Hoseok smiled sadly and ran his hand through Taehyung's hair, shushing him until he finally calmed down. "I know you're scared, Taehyungie. I am, too. But we have each other, right?" he said, voice only loud enough for the younger boy to hear.