This Kind Of Love

When we reach a certain age, all we think about is how it would feel to love and be loved by someone. It's always on our minds, especially when we see other couples in public. They look so happy wrapped up in each other, so in love. And it hurts because what if we never find a love like that; what if we're forever alone. No one wants to be alone their entire lives. We all want to be loved.

They meet by accident; a minor inconvenience caused by clumsiness and crowded spaces. Taehyung was riding the tram home, since he didn't wish to be out in the scorching heat any longer than necessary. Many people were thinking the same thing, for the tram was crowded with people today. He huffed in annoyance when he couldn't find an empty seat or handhold and was sent tumbling once the tram started moving.

"I'm so sorry," he muttered to the man, who barely saw Taehyung coming and caught him in the nick of time. Taehyung was met with warm brown eyes, sandy-blonde hair and a wide, heart-shaped smile and he felt his whole world shift. The man's honey skin glowed gold, as if he were created from a drop of sunlight. Taehyung was totally unable to look away or let go of the man, who was still holding him up with a single toned arm.

But soon the man straightened him back on his feet, hand still nestled in the small of his back. "It's okay, cutie. I'd rather you fall on me than the filthy floor," he chuckled and Taehyung swore he had the nicest voice ever. "I'm Hoseok, by the way. Jung Hoseok." Now the man had a name; a lovely name for a lovely face. He smiled at him and stuttered out, "Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you, Hoseok." And Hoseok only smiled widely and rubbed the other boy's back.

Two years later and Hoseok and Taehyung are roommates in a cute little house. They moved in half a year ago, agreeing to split rent and alternate chores every week. They even split up who made dinner and who did dishes and go to the grocery store together. And Taehyung always makes breakfast in the mornings; sometimes he'd be so tired that on his way downstairs, he would wander into Hoseok's room and fall back asleep with him. They even designated a night for movie night. They got it down.

Still, Taehyung can't help his thoughts. He fantasizes about what it would be like to kiss Hoseok goodbye when he went to work and came home or whenever he felt like it. How it would be like to hold his hand in the grocery store, the park, the beach, everywhere. He wants cuddles to be more intimate; kisses every now and then, a hand on his thigh, longer hugs. He wants all of that and so much more, but he knows he will never get it.

Every morning for the past seven months, Taehyung found Hoseok in bed with another boy, Park Jimin. Jimin is small and thick in all the right places and really muscular, unlike Taehyung. Taehyung himself is tall and lanky, with only a little bit of muscle and a baby belly. He knows Jimin is eons better than him in every single way, not to mention his voice was much sweeter than his own, which was deeper than the ocean. It made him hate himself, especially when his presence was because he had something Taehyung wanted the most in the world.

This morning, Taehyung hears giggles from Hoseok's room and he sees Jimin pinned underneath his roommate, laughing so hard he due to Hoseok tickling his sides. Still, he sighs and knocks on the already-opened door. "What do you want for breakfast?" he mumbles and the two on the bed stop what they're doing and look at him. "Waffles please?" Jimin asks and they go back to tickling each other. And Taehyung can only hold in his tears until he gets to the kitchen.

Silent tears flow down his cheeks as he makes the two breakfast - he's too upset to even think about eating and has been for almost six months now. The happy couple's chatter grows as they make their way downstairs, only to pause when they see the state the third wheel is in. "Tae?" Hoseok's voice is cautious and concerned, but Taehyung ignores him and hands them their plates. "Here. I'm going to shower." And Hoseok could only watch in confusion as his sad best friend climbs the stairs.