The Hunter and The Hunted

Hoseok was the best hunter in the village. He was known for keeping the village from starving and freezing with all the animals he's hunted. Still, he lived on the outskirts of the village with his best friend, Min Yoongi. Yoongi was a criminal; a kleptomaniac. Still, he kept Yoongi out of trouble, but the boy came through when times were incredibly tough. Now, he only stole what was vitally needed.

Someone also lived there; a magical being named Park Jimin. Yoongi saw him fall from the sky one night in the village. Thank goodness everyone else was asleep and that Yoongi found him, or else Jimin would have been killed. The creature came in handy; he was a type of healer.

Winter was fast approaching; it was already the end of November. Hoseok was out in the mountains, bow in hand, quiver of arrows on his back. He swiftly made his way through the rocky terrain to a sturdy rock that jutted out of a small cliff and crouched on it, observing everything below.

A doe was eating berries off of a blackberry bush a few feet below, completely unaware of the human with the golden bow on the cliff, poised and ready to strike. Hoseok took a deep breath, mumbling a small prayer Jimin taught him was for animals when they died, before releasing the breath and arrow. It zipped through the still, cold air and straight into the doe's chest, puncturing her heart and killing her instantly.

Hoseok smiled and got down from the rock, landing in a bush below before dashing to the doe and retrieving her body, dragging it to a tiny cave where he hid his treasures of the day; a fox, three quails, two turkeys, now two deer, and five rabbits. After he sealed up the cave, he went back to the rock and gazed up at the dimming sky.

Pheasants passed overhead, as well as a red-tailed hawk and a pearl falcon. Then, something with gigantic black wings darted across the sky and out of view before Hoseok could properly identify it. Something about the winged creature made him uneasy, the hairs on the back of his neck prickled slightly.

Hoseok drew an arrow from his quiver, setting his bow and pointing it at the sky, ready to strike if the creature tried to get him. He sucked in a breath of cold air, feeling it nip his lungs and clear his mind as he saw the creature dive, and he exhaled in a sharp burst as he let go.

The creature crashed to the ground, landing several yards away in a heap of black feathers. Hoseok leapt off the rock again, tossing his bow across his shoulders as he ran to see what he hit.

When he got closer, he gasped. The creature's wings were huge; at least six feet wide each, with large, voluminous ebony wings. One of the wings moved to reveal a boy, who couldn't have been older than twenty-one. He had platinum-blonde hair, the most gorgeous brown eyes, full lips, and pierced ears. The robe he was wearing  had white and red pinstripes and fell around his shoulders. It was open, revealing the large golden arrow lodged in his right side.

Hoseok shot a human, except he wasn't human. He was otherworldly.

"Why...?" the boy's deep voice was quiet, filled with misery. "I didn't know what you were, and when you dove, I thought you were coming after me. I'm sorry. Come with me," Hoseok quickly said, lifting the surprisingly light boy into his arms and walking towards the cave.

When they got to the cave, Hoseok loaded his kill onto the sled-type cart he brought, then pulled it home with the mysterious creature limp in his arms.

"Hobi-hyung, I was about to send Yoongi-hyung our for-oh my gosh!" Jimin cried when he helped Hoseok into the house. He immediately shoved Hoseok into the house and cleared all the furs off of the dining table, presumably where Jimin was making blankets, gesturing for Hoseok to set the creature on the table.