The Monster 2

I continue to see Taehyung every weekend for a month. Every time, there's always someone there insulting him; making him angry and upset. Every time, I manage to make him forget every bad thing that's happened to him. And every time, he begs me to stay with him.

"Hi, Sweetheart," I mumble as the last person leaves. Taehyung has holed himself into the far corner of the room with his wings wrapped around him. The giant pile of feathers is sobbing gently, and my heart breaks. "Taehyung?" I call for him louder, catching his attention. "H-Hobi," he croaks, stretching out his wings to crawl over to me.

Taehyung sticks his arm out of his cell, a silent plea to take his hand. The claws seem menacing as always, but he never ever hurts me. I take his shaky hand in my steady one and he hums, closing his eyes for a minute. "I've missed you," Taehyung whispers before opening his eyes and dropping my hand. I nod and pull the cooler over to me. "I missed you too, Sweetheart. Here," I reply, holding out a raw steak for him.

When he finishes eating, he sighs and looks to the ground. "Hobi, I need to tell you something." Taehyung's eyes tear up, and I know it's a bad sign. I hate hearing him cry; it sounds like the entire universe is crying with him. "What is it?" I ask, urging him to say what he needs to. I stick both of my arms through the bars and he holds my hands for reassurance. Taehyung's claws lightly scrape my arm, leaving no wound or blood; it's his way of caressing me.

"I...I've fallen in love with you." I didn't expect that to fall from Taehyung's lips. He brings one of my hands to his lips and kisses my fingertips, then nuzzles his face into my palm before kissing the center of it. My mind races as I watch his display of affection. "You've fallen for me?" I whisper, still unsure that I heard right. "I have and I'm sorry. I'm sorry because you don't feel the same way and I can't ever find someone who will. I'm sorry, Hobi..." I feel his tears in my palm, and I start to caress his cheekbone. "Taehyung, I never said I don't feel the same way. Besides, who wouldn't love you?" I simply reply, bringing my hand down.

"Look at me, Hoseok! Who would love...this?" Taehyung gestures angrily to himself, "Who would love a monster!?" His words carve into me, and I frown. "I love you. I love you so much," I whisper, watching his anger dissipate. "You...you love me?" he asks. I nod and caress his face with my hands. "I love you because you're smart, funny, kind, caring, beautiful...I love your wings, your claws, your warmth, your voice...I love you  and I don't want you any other way." Taehyung smiles and kisses my hands. I pull his through the bars and kiss them gently, before I stand to leave.

The next day, as I walk down the corridor to see Taehyung, Jimin stops me. "What?" I ask, seeing the panic and urgency in his eyes. "They're killing Tae," he whimpers, tears falling down his cheeks. He lets go of my shirt and curls up in the corner of his cell, crying quietly.

"Hobi!" Jungkook cries, hands tight on the bars of his cell further down. I run to him as we hear a scream come from Taehyung's direction. "Don't let them take my Taehyungie away!" the rabbit hybrid cries, collapsing onto the floor. I hear another scream and a heart-dropping thunk, like a body falling to the ground, and I sprint over to Taehyung.

Guards are in his cell with all sorts of gadgets to try and contain Taehyung. He's in the middle of the floor, pale as a sheet, shaking, with blood on his clothes and cuts on his body. Tears stream down his face as he turns to me. "HELP ME! PLEASE!" Taehyung screams, writhing when he's hit with a tazer.

"How much for him? I'll buy him from you, since he seems like he's causing you trouble," I ask one of the guards, who looks at me in shock. "Why would you want him?" he asks me. I shrug. "It wouldn't look good on the company if you killed him yourselves. I'll kill him for you; no charge. How much for the monster and I'll take him." The guards look between each other; a silent conversation. After one nods, another says, "He isn't worth anything. He's nothing. Just take him." He cuts Taehyung's chain from the wall and hands it to me, then opens the cell door.

I can see the happiness in Taehyung's eyes as I harshly tug on the chain, forcing him forward. He stumbles and falls onto me, but I support his weight as we walk out of the freakshow. When we pass Jungkook, Taehyung stops. "Wait," he croaks, leaning down to his friend to pet his hair. "Goodbye, Jungkookie. It's just you and Jimin-hyung now." Jungkook looks between me and Taehyung, tears still streaming down his face. "Take care of him, Hobi. He'll take care of you," he squeaks, kissing Taehyung's hand before pushing him away.

Jimin smiles at us and winks at Taehyung. "Kookie's all mine, now. I love you, Tae. Go be free," he says, blowing Taehyung a kiss. Taehyung smiles at him and nods, then walks with me.

As we step out into the cold night, Taehyung turns and wraps his arms around me. I hug him back immediately, and his wings encircle us. Now, I notice that he's a little taller than me, which makes me happy; I love hugging taller people.

"You really are my angel, Hobi. Thank you," Taehyung whispers, resting his forehead against mine. "I love you, Taehyung. I told you I'd bring you hope and sunshine," I reply, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips. "I love you, Hobi. You're the reason I'm free."

shitty ending. Happy Days!

-Tae