[Un]Forgiven pt 6

"Hey, Taehyung." Hoseok smiled as the younger man sat down at the bar next to him. White button-up, ripped blue jeans and slightly messy hair. He still didn't have to try to look amazing. He offered the older man a soft smile before asking the waiter for a water. "You aren't drinking tonight?" Hoseok wondered aloud. Taehyung shook his head. "No. I'm looking after both our daughter and Yoongi's son," he sighed out. A fond smile washed over his past love's face. "I love Daehyun. Despite his school reputation, he's such a good kid. Is Yoongi finally divorcing Suran?"

Taehyung nodded sadly. "After dinner last night, poor Daehyun broke down. He told me so much that went wrong that I wasn't even aware of. Our baby girl fixed him with the original Spider-Man movies, a pillow-fort and a bunch of hugs." Hoseok hummed and sipped his beer. "Charlie is such a good girl. She's so smart and kind," he said quietly, Taehyung nodding in agreement as he drank his water.

It was silent for a minute, then the younger man cleared his throat and asked, "What did you want to talk about?" He eyed his past love, who sighed and looked down at the table. "I wanted to talk about us, Taehyung. About our future," he said seriously. The way his eyes didn't shine normally made the younger man pale in dread. Was he sick of me? Am I not doing enough? Hoseok turned to face him. "I've had two weeks to think about this without any distraction, and I've come to the conclusion that our arrangement isn't working anymore."

That was it. He was done with Taehyung now. The younger man took a shaky breath in as he silently asked Hoseok to go on. Pain was oh so clear on the older man's face as he ran a hand through his hair. "It's not working because I want more."

Silence. Taehyung couldn't believe what he was hearing. For him, it was like a dream. "You want... more?" he croaked, swallowing hard and looking at Hoseok disbelievingly. Hoseok nodded, moving a hand to rest on Taehyung's. "I want what we used to have. I want our love back - the same love that Charlie was made from." His voice started to crack with emotion and Taehyung moved closer to him. Their faces were centimeters apart; a big gentle hand on Hoseok's cheek. Warm eyes searched for insecure, teary ones.

"Look at me, baby." Baby. That nickname meant so much to Hoseok. Taehyung started calling him that about a week after they started dating. The last man before Jinhwan called him that and he kicked him out. Only Kim Taehyung could call Hoseok baby. Hearing it again after five years brought back so many memories, good and bad. And he couldn't help but let a few tears fall.

But he obeyed and gazed into Taehyung's eyes. "Are you sure, Hoseok? Do you really want that?" the younger man whispered, lips brushing against the older man's. Hoseok smiled a teary smile as he placed a hand over Taehyungs, keeping it on his cheek. "I'm sure. I've never been so sure about something like this in my life, Taehyung." That earned a sheepish half-smile from the younger man. "So, does this mean I'm forgiven?" Taehyung asked slowly and Hoseok lightly punched him. "I forgive you, you big teddy bear."

"What are you two still doing up? It's a school night," Taehyung said as he entered the living room, a hand around Hoseok's waist. Daehyun looked like a deer in headlights, while Charlie guiltily rubbed her arm. "Hyunie started to cry and he couldn't stop. I'm sorry, Appa," she said quietly, head down. The adults shared a look of concern before the younger of the two sighed in defeat. "Okay. Ten more minutes, then bed. It's almost ten-thirty. Understand?" he said and both children nodded. "Yes, Uncle Tae," Daehyun mumbled as Charlie jumped off the couch to give Taehyung a hug.

She stopped short when she finally noticed Hoseok, who had his head resting on Taehyung's shoulder. "Daddy?" she asked, head cocked to the side in confusion. Her father lifted his head from Taehyung's with a small smile. "Hey, baby girl. You, me and Appa need to talk about something when you get home from school tomorrow, okay?" he said as he hugged Charlie close. She smiled and let Hoseok kiss her cheek before she moved to Taehyung.

Taehyung bent down, hugged his daughter tight and kissed her other cheek. "Love you, baby girl. Eight more minutes and then bed. See you in the morning," he mumbled and his daughter smiled. "Love you too, Appa. Love you, Daddy." Then Daehyun nervously walked over.

"Unc-cle T-Tae? Uncle Hobi?" he stuttered nervously and both adults hugged the preteen. "It's okay, honey. Ride the bus here tomorrow, okay? We love you," Taehyung whispered and the boy smiled thankfully before going back to the pillow fort with Charlie.

The adults headed up to Taehyung's bedroom and shut the door. Hoseok began to unbutton Taehyung's shirt, hands skimming down his bare torso when he was finished. The younger man did the same to Hoseok, slowly slipping his shirt off his shoulders. "I'm so happy," he muttered, letting out a breathy chuckle at the end. Hoseok nodded in agreement as both of their shirts fell to the floor. "I am, too."

He wrapped his arms around Taehyung's neck, allowing him to wrap his arms around his waist and pull him close. They stayed like that for a while; simply hugging each other and bleeding into one another. Their hearts thumped in their chests as Hoseok rested his chin on the younger man's shoulder.

"I don't think I ever stopped loving you, Kim Taehyung," he sighed out, closing his eyes as his head lolled. Taehyung rubbed his back in slow, soothing circles with a hum. "Not even when I left?" he asked. The older man shook his head. "No. Was I mad? Hell yes. But I - deep down, I knew I still loved you," he replied.

He lifted his head and, for the first time in five years, they kissed each other slowly and passionately. It was a kiss that sent an old, now-unfamiliar shiver down their spines and filled them with the need to hold each other tighter, to make the kiss deeper. It was pure, unconditional love.

For Taehyung, it was a kiss of forgiveness.