18. Interlude: Shadow

The large room they were staying in was decorated in bright, cheerful colors. Celine didn't feel too cheerful at the moment. She was worried about Yoongi, she had left Jimin in a hurry, and she left things awkward between her and Namjoon.

She was extremely thankful for Hobi and his sunshine. She would have to make sure and thank him later. Right now she was cradling Yoongi in her arms. She could see the exhaustion in his face.

"I'm so sorry love, I'm not going to be able to visit you in your dreams tonight and I'm not going to be able to stay awake long. I'm fine though. You don't have to sleep next to me if you don't want to."

"Of course I want to. You were attacked Yoongi. I have to make sure it doesn't happen again."

"It won't."

"How are you so certain?"

"I can control my dreams. I just won't go there tonight. Now, I can't stay awake any longer so you can either come lay in my arms and I can help you sleep or you can go to Mr. Sunshine. He'd probably be better company right now."

"There's absolutely no way I'm leaving you tonight. Looks like you're stuck with me in your arms." She sidles up beside him and falls into a dreamless sleep. Unaware of the time, they sleep comfortably through the night without any more incidents.

The next morning, they wake up to singing coming from the kitchen. Still wrapped up in each other's arms, they look at each other and laugh, deciding to make their way into the kitchen.

Surprisingly, it's not Hoseok that they find but Jin and Jungkook are making breakfast together in the kitchen. Taehyung, Jimin, and Namjoon are seated on the couch with Hobi nowhere in sight.

"He's in the shower," Jimin says, meeting her eyes with his puppy dog stare.

"What's everyone doing here?" Yoongi asks.

"We were worried about you," Namjoon answers. "Everyone came to make sure you were okay and to help you fight if you needed it. We all know you could take us with you when you do go in and we'll help you to put those bastards away."

Yoongi frowns. "No. I don't want any of you getting hurt for my mistakes."

Namjoon pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration. "They're not your mistakes. You didn't make the choices. Those men did. You just helped lock them away."

"I somehow let them out though. I should have been more careful. Especially when I had Celine with me."

"Maybe, but it's not your fault. We're helping." The others all chimed in in agreement as Jungkook brought around the plates of breakfast kimchi tacos and eggs, serving Celine first, then Yoongi.

Namjoon moved to carefully sit down next to Celine. She could tell he wanted to talk to her but she wasn't sure that she wanted to talk to him right now. She was worried about Yoongi. She knew that Namjoon had his own issues to work out and she was more than willing to help him with them but she was still a little upset with him.

He reached out and took her hand in his, looking down at their entertwined fingers. "Celine, I'm really sorry about last night. That's not who I want to be around you. I really didn't mean to hurt you. I would have never done that on purpose."

"Joonie," Celine sighs, looking over at him, "I forgive you. Right now though, I'm worried about Yoongi. And I'm worried about the rest of you too if you're really going in with him. Those shadows were terrifying."

She looks up at him to see him grimacing. "I know. We've dealt with them before. We captured them together. Yoongi just put them away. His dream world was the safest place to keep them from escaping and hurting anyone else."