30. Sweat (땀)

All six men split to different sides of the room as Namjoon moves toward them slowly, his eyes completely void of emotion. The black hue returned to them, had them all worried. It had been a while since any of them had experienced that kind of darkness. Since they had met Celine. She made them all better men. He hesitated as if something was holding him back. Despite the witch's hold on him, she'll never have his heart like the other members do. That's what pulled him away. He didn't want to hurt them. Althenia behind him, unaware of his hesitation, smiling from ear to ear in a demented daze, watching this new game of cat and mouse she created. She's enjoying the chase. The longer it lasts, the longer she'll be entertained. 

Soaked in blood, the dagger Namjoon holds in his hands is dripping onto the floor slowly and steadily. His shadows are dark and flickering behind him, trying to hold him back. Their bond ran deeper than she realized. Even if he's not in control, the other men are still aware of everything, and they know he doesn't want to do this. 

It didn't take long before Namjoon was forced to move. As if knowing who the strongest one is, he approaches Jungkook first. The one who would be most likely to fight him off. They had been in friendly wrestling matches before, and Jungkook always won. Jungkook's shadows are obediently waiting beside him, giving him complete control. When he gives them the command, they surround Namjoon, making him completely blind to everything around him. He knows Jungkook has to be close, or he wouldn't be able to control them like this. His brain faltering between trying to protect his brother and trying to please the witch whose spell has taken him over. He clenched his fist as he tried to fight her will once again. Feeling the pain burn through him as he fights it off, he knows he can't control it much longer. He moved forward with trepidation. His limbs are shaking all over in protest, but he can't help himself. As he slashes through one of the shadows, they all cover their ears as a loud screech is emitted from the creature who had just been slashed by the dagger. Returning to Jungkook, who soaks the shadow up through the tattoos on his right arm, wincing in pain as a cut forms where it went through. All of the shadows retreat back into Jungkook.

Knowing that Namjoon sees him, he has no choice but to engage with him. Charging toward him head-on, he brings Namjoon to the ground easily but struggles to keep him down. Similarly built, they are a pretty even match. Namjoon had never put this much effort into their matches. When he had complete control, his soft side gave the upper hand to his younger brother.

As they're struggling, the others take the opportunity to surround Althenia. Jin is the first to rush toward her, followed by Jimin. But just as their about to reach her, the two of them are frozen in place. The others try to approach her, but an invisible barrier is surrounding her as she drags her pointed nails across Jin's chin. His eyes move to hers, the only part of his body he's able to move. Luckily, he still has control of his mind, unlike Namjoon. It seems that her powers do have some limits. Once they can figure those out, they can work them against her. 

The others seem to notice this, too, as they fight against the barrier to get to Jin and Jimin. Yoongi, Taehyung, and Hoseok all work together, fusing their shadows as one large entity to claw it's way through the barrier.

Althenia has moved on to Jimin, taking his cute cubby cheeks in her hands and squeezing them before planting a kiss on his plump lips. Noticing the panic in Jimin's eyes, the shadows dig into the barrier faster to get to them.

The maniacal laugh that comes from the witch is too confident, and she's too relaxed. She doesn't seem worried that there are seven men in the room ready to take her down.

The barrier flickers once a small opening is made, causing her smile to disappear. They still can't get through to her, but she doesn't have the strength to hold onto Namjoon's mind, keep Jin and Jimin frozen in place, and create a new barrier.